Buffalo Wild Wings going down the tubes

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by johnski, Aug 18, 2016.

1. johnski

johnski Active Member

They say he is an "activist investor". WTH does that mean, is he one of the Greens or some sort of liberal SJW? No wonder shares have dropped 17%.

Since they are an anti-2nd Amendment company, I am happy at this news.

http://farrellfinancialfreedom.com/hedge-fund-marcato-seeks-buffalo-wild-wings-management-shake-up/

2. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

well..... bye

Considering that most men aged 21-65 (the demographic this kind of restaurant/ bar wants and expects to be their client base) are GUN OWNERS, and a significant percentage of them (maybe 10% ?) have carry permits, this lib-tard establishment shot itself in the foot by posting signs and being known as anti-gun, anti-carry.

Why give the middle finger to that many potential customers??

P.S. They apparently let cops carry. They're the only ones pr'fessional enough, you know.

http://www.snopes.com/buffalo-wild-wings-gun-controversy/

3. johnski

johnski Active Member

There"s a post on this forum of a leo with his family showed his badge they still asked him to leave.

4. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

I'd advise that investors who own Buffalo Wild Wings stock should bail and dump it now to save what they can from that train wreck of a business.

5. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Don't care if they serve LEOs or not, their anti-carry stance for others is enough to rule them out as a place to eat for my family.

MSgt G and AtlPhilip like this.
  6. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Buffalo Wild Wings' attorneys and insurance agents must have advised them to make their environment safer and more inviting for criminals to do their criminaling.

7. johnski

johnski Active Member

I think it was the original leftist, activist owners who decided to be against people carrying guns in their restraunts.

8. TITAN308

TITAN308 :) :) :)

As sad as it is, a semi-casual / semi-fast food place like WINGSTOP is so much better.

We also have a BWW as well as a Wild Wing Cafe (two different companies) here in Augusta. Wingstop is much better than both. WWC use to be great, but the quality on their food has gone to the crapper. One example: Unless you ask specifically for your wings to be "wet" no matter what flavor you pick they come out dry as hell.

When a company starts skimping on sauce they toss the wings in something is very wrong.

There are only two ways to screw up hot wings IMO: undercooking and being jewish on the sauce

9. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Active Member

Have to disagree. At least around here wingstop is pretty bottom of the barrel. Bww quality definitely went down hill but not to wingstop level.

If i want wings i get them from international cafe.

10. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Zaxbys wings are winner

11. TITAN308

Unless I specify I want them well done they always come out undercooked for me. Of course this is all opinion based, some people like them that way.

If the outside of the wing does not have a bit of crisp to it i don't want it. Its like eating a piece of chicken baked in an oven.

12. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Yeah I always have them finish cook mine about 3 mins.

13. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

BWW had good wings imho. My ex-gf's father stared Wing Stop here, then sold it, they were good wings when I tried them. I like T-bonz, Bird dog grille, and WW, they all have excellent wings.

Rhinehart's wings are good, but strange

14. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

For a chain, Wing Stop is pretty good. I do like Zaxby's, especially since they are almost always hot and fresh. Locally, The Wing Cafe and Rose and Crown Tavern are pretty damn good.

As far as the BWW not allowing carry...well, I think it's pretty obvious that the few 2A supporters that won't eat there doesn't really do much against their bottom line...similar to Waffle House. Nothing wrong with taking a stand, but the numbers of those "taking a stand" aren't nearly large enough to change anything.

15. TITAN308

If I stopped going everywhere that didn't like guns I'd be sewing my own cloths and growing my own food (for which the HOA would surely fine me haha)

Concealed means concealed. Life is to short to get in a huff and puff about teaching them a lesson they could care less about. I just want some food.

Since Georgia is one of those states where their sign might as well be used toilet paper in the eyes of the law I just go about my business and save myself from getting worked up about such things.

coldneck1 likes this.
  16. EJR914

Haha preach it!

17. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

I hear you. My approach is why give them money - it only encourages them. If I have a choice then I choose to go elsewhere. I have patronized anti-gun establishments but there has to be an overriding reason for me to do so (e.g., obligation to family, no other choice, etc.).

18. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

Roosters in cumming has the best wings

19. TITAN308

Encourage them how? You really thinking giving them money has anything to do with a gun policy?

I look at it the opposite way: "haha I bought something in your store and was armed the whole time." :neener:

20. EJR914

Right! I have a shirt I can't post on here, but it says F :censored : your gun free zone in it. I love it. Seriously, f your gun free zone. I'm carrying concealed anyway.

Anyway, I don't break the law, but if it's GA and just a sign, f it.

But I do try to make it a habit to not frequent them unless I have to for family or friends.