Brunswick Home Invasion Gone Right!

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Jmark, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

http://www.wsav.com/midatlantic/sav/news.apx.-content-articles-SAV-2007-09-03-0007.html

Two Suspects Shot, One Killed, in Brunswick Home Invasion

Monday, Sep 03, 2007 - 10:18 AM Updated: 10:43 AM

Article Tools
    Email a FriendEmail a Friend
    RSSRSS
    digg itdigg it

Printer FriendlyPrinter Friendly
    Mobile AlertsMobile Alerts
    Sphere IT
    deliciousSave This Page

Brunswick authorities are investigating a deadly early morning shooting.

Police officers responded to the report of a home invasion with subjects being shot at 601 Wolfe Street about 1:30am.

When they arrived on scene, we're told an 18-year-old black male was found sitting on the front porch suffering from a gunshot wound to the abdomen. They say another black male was also found shot, lying down inside the home.

Police tell us both of the shooting victims were suspected of entering the house and attempted to rob the occupants at gunpoint.

Officers say they were shot by one of the victims who was defending himself and others in the residence.

The 18-year-old suspect was transported to the local hospital for treatment and faces criminal charges. We're told the second suspect was pronounced dead at the scene.

None of the victims in the residence were injured. Brunwick Police is handling the case and they say the investigation is on-going.

2. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I'm glad no one inside was hurt, but I think the home invasion would've been better if the two suspects had just gone to their own homes. I hope the victims can get back to a normal life and recover from their ordeal as soon as possible.

3. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

I have to say that anytime someone is shot and killed, you can't say that things have "Gone right"
    Maybe I'm a little too edgy about it, but these things get to me.

4. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

So, what would rather the outcome be with two armed criminals breaking into your home? I know it is never a good thing for someone to be killed but the person was merely defending their home. Many of us who chose to arm ourselves need to be prepared with the consequences of using deadly force. I never hope to be faced with a situation like this but the fact that the victim didn't turn into a sheep pleases me. You will see crime drop if this is the result of every attempted home invasion.

5. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

It's all perspective. It went right for the homeowner, and wrong for the BG's.

In a case like this, thank God the homeowner and all occupants are safe. The others got hurt as a result of their actions.

6. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

I have no pity for somone who dies or is hurt while committing a violent crime. I just wish the homeowner could have shot better in regards to the one who lived as now the taxpayers will have to pay for his upkeep and medical care.

7. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

Well, the easy answer is that I would hope no one breaks into my home, or anyone else's. I still believe (want to believe?) that evil is not inevitable. Though that wish may be, I do acknowledge that people still do bad things.

If someone were to break into my home, or try to rob me on the sidewalk, or try to molest a perfect stranger, my first choice would be to see them taken into custody and prosecuted. A close second would be for them to run like hell and leave their intended victim alone. The bottom of the justice choices is to inflict life-ending injuries.

I do not want to kill anyone, not even a criminal. It is a choice that I am prepared to make to protect the life of those threatened (namely mine), but it would be a heavy choice to carry.

When I hear people say that it's a "good" thing that someone got killed, I can only think they aren't fully aware of what they're saying or that they're deeply sick. I don't think you're sick. I just see some imprecision of words.

8. AeroShooter

AeroShooter Active Member

Nah, it's just that the quality of mercy varies from individual to individual. It's what I would describe as normative-neutral behavior.

9. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

I never said it was a good thing anyone got killed. In fact I said it is never a good thing when it comes down to someone getting killed. What I am saying is, considering the circumstances of an armed home invasion there was a favorable outcome for the "good guys."

If that wasn't directed at me just disregard this.

10. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Given the limited details, I would say it went about as right as it could. Sometimes it just boils down to you or the BG.

11. merlock

merlock Active Member

+1
    Sums it up pretty good.

12. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

I agree. Boo-frigging-hoo for a guy who stormed into a home to at least rob and possibly kill the occupants. They do that I hope they get exactly what they deserve - like in this case - every time. The shooter (homeowner) should get a public service award. You second guess and hold off defending yourself you or a family member may end up being the one zipped up in a bag. Not me. I almost checked out once. My life and family members lives are too precious - we plan on sticking around. If that makes me sick oh well...

13. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

That's one person less that will be breaking into homes in the future and another who learned a hard lesson... if he decides to continue his career, hopefully he'll be taking the eternal dirtnap too.

I have no pity for someone who chooses to do such things. This is an ownership society. Anyone that comes to take property or do bodily harm (you own yourself) is fundamentally un-american.

As far as someone dying and the emotions of it all, that's for the person that pulled the trigger. I hope that person is doing ok.

14. cdtracing

cdtracing New Member

I would have to agree with jmark on this one. The taking of someones should not be taken lightly, but on the flip side the perpetrater forfieted any claim to compassion with his actions. Therefore no compassion shall be given when his criminal actions caused someone to defend themselves and in that defense the low life SOB was killed.

Chris

15. Macktee

Macktee New Member

But, they were such good boys. Never in any "serious" trouble before. They were turning their lives around. Why did this have to happen? Why were they shot down like animals. Why couldn't the people in the house just have given them what they wanted and this never would have ended this way. Think of their poor mothers. Be sure to get a tee shirt with their pictures on it for the funeral...

:cry:

16. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

I would give them just what I wanted them to have, 180gr at a time in multiples of 15. While I do not want to go out and take a life, my not wanting to be on the other end highly outweighs this thought.

17. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

Here's a more descriptive account:

http://www.thebrunswicknews.com/open_ac ... 133203.php

18. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

After reading that, imagine how different this might have been if Georgia had a law like some states that requires permission be obtained prior to visiting somebody at their residence while carrying a firearm.

19. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

Hector will probably be lucky if he isn't charged with something.

20. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

And a newer more telling update:

P.S. - Brunswick Mayor Bryan Thompson is a douchebag.

http://www.thebrunswicknews.com/open_ac ... 547747.php