Brunswick, GA Now Safe

Discussion in 'In the News' started by jgullock, Sep 18, 2007.

1. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

Boy, I'll sleep good tonight :D

From Alphecca - http://www.alphecca.com/?p=423 linking to http://www.thebrunswicknews.com/open_ac ... 229664.php

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Maybe they would have..you know...stayed with the rightful owners.

I heard about another buyback where they gave $50 per and if it came back stolen, they gave it back to the owners. I wonder if that's the same thing that happened in Brunswick.

3. Sharky

Sharky New Member

you just have to love these kind of officers.........

Sarcasm off....

4. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

I REALLY want to know what would happen if one of us stood outside the office/building where this was going on & asked to see the guns people were bringing in before they sold them & offered more than the cops were.

"Hey man, you here for the gun buy back deal? Can I take a look at what you are going to sell to em? Hmmm, not a bad looking little glock you got there. Tell you what, they are only going to give you $50 for it. I'll give $100 right now. Here's my GLF so you know I'm legal to own it."

What could they do? Nothing illegal with an ftf sale in state. Maybe run you off for loitering? But I'm not really loitering, I'm conducting business. Maybe just hassle you long enough for the buy back ot be over? I know that most guns which are brought in like this are crap, but you never know when some 17 yo kid will bring in something that he picked up and would be a great buy. Probably would have to have a leo friend standing by on the phone to do a serial # check for the gun being stolen least you get nailed for receiving stolen goods... How long does it take to run a gun's #?

5. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I think the cops would just run you off. The best bet would be to own an appliance shop nearby and display your offer on the tvs ;)

6. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Not a bad idea...

7. goldshellback

goldshellback New Member

jgullock quote: "It's one less killing machine off the street, Chief Johnson said. (Thanks but I'd rather have the associated human off the street, not the gun) "

That's the best sentance to come outta that read....... gull's sentence that is.

8. murrybird

murrybird New Member

"But this is the 75-round clip that came with it." , really a clip, sure it isn't a MAGAZINE you idiot. And to boot, turning a 9mm Ruger, not Reuger, into a full auto. Why?

Oh, just pass the duct tape, my head feels like its going to explode.

9. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

Thank you, thank you very much. I'm here all week...

10. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

This was in Georgia????

I've met 8 year olds here with more firearms knowledge than these tools.

11. ThetaReactor

ThetaReactor Active Member

What kind of Ruger takes 75rd mags? I don't think I've seen anything this side of a Calico that takes that much 9mm...

12. triggerman357

triggerman357 Active Member

I should have took my box of Crappy French made .22s and .380s. I could have made enough to buy a new GLOCK. 8)

13. M249

M249 New Member

<sarcasm>I can now safely visit Brunswick without fearing for my life.</sarcasm>