Bro's getting married, want to take him shooting

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by ev239, Oct 7, 2007.

1. ev239

ev239 New Member

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience taking a small group (6-7) to any of the ranges in Woodstock/Marietta area. My little brother's getting married in 2 weeks and this weekend I want to take him along with some of his friends to a range to introduce him to shooting. We'll be going this next Saturday (13th) around 5pm or so. I want to contact them so they know to expect us. My brother's only experience has been skeet shooting & bb guns and I'm not sure what experience level his friends are.

For safety's sake I'd want there to be a little intro beforehand outlining rules & how each firearm operates. Are there any group rates?

Thanks for any advise/help.

2. pro2am

pro2am New Member

3. ev239

ev239 New Member

Thanks, I'll look into those two outdoor ranges. I'm kind of leaning towards an indoor range since there are a number that are closer and more convienent such as Ed's, Pannell's or Wild West Traders (never been there). Any of those better suited for what I'm looking for?

4. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

If you're in Roswell, it might also be just as close to head East, such as to American Classic Marksman. Nice range, well ventilated.

5. ev239

ev239 New Member

I decided to rent out a small pit at Creekside Firing Range for half a day. They said they had a bachelor party there about 2 months ago and even said if we wanted to bring a lady along they would accomodate (not that we would consider that). Since we have a whole pit we've opened it up to more of his friends which should be a lot of fun.

I'll let everyone know our experience.

6. Breadfan63

Breadfan63 New Member

My buddy just got married this past weekend. There were like 12 of us that went up to Bullseye in Cumming and they had 5 lanes for us. There was a different gun on each lane and some ammo. After the newbs got familiar with the weapons they ran a mock GSSF match for us. After that was all finished we had a catered BBQ lunch from the place up the street. Total cost per person was like $60. May want to check with the guys at Bullseye. It was a great time.

7. Happy

Happy New Member

I wish I had seen this thread earlier.
    I was the sucker, (I mean organizer) on the one at Creekside about 2 months ago.
    We had a blast. Joe is a good guy and was very accommodating.
    We were there from about 10AM to 5PM and shot rifles, handguns, skeet, etc. If you got bored doing one thing, there was something else to do.
    I rented a full-auto gun for the day and that was a lot of fun. (Pricey, but fun.) We also brought a lot of personal firepower to the table. We had a small propane grill and grilled out for lunch. That worked really well and was a cheap and easy way to handle lunch.

-H

8. ev239

ev239 New Member

Well, I wanted to update you guys. I guess planning a bachelor party the night before going to the range wasn't such a good idea...yep, I got the call before we were supposed to meet up. My brother was hungover and sick from the night before so I ended up having to cancel the shoot. Creekside was very understanding and didn't give me any trouble when I called with the news. We'll have to go sometime after the honeymoon.

It did work out though since my wife is on bedrest and we are expecting twins anytime in the next 4 weeks it gave me a chance to do some much needed projects. Also Joe told me yesterday that the full auto of our choice (MP5) was out of commision so hopefully when we do get to go out there they'll have it working.