Bring Out The Bomb Squad! Its a Toy Robot!

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by EJR914, Dec 4, 2010.

1. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

[​IMG]

Read more: Toy robot detours traffic near Coors Field - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_16752 ... z17BFqkbOD

Is that all it takes to tie up a police force for hours and get the bomb squad called out? A toy robot?

2. sirkut

sirkut Member

Wow. Reminds me of the viral marketing fiasco with regards to aqua teen hunger force movie led signs...that too prompted bomb techs to dispose of them. This is sad.

3. 45Alive

45Alive Member

obviously, it was a toy robot of extraordinary magnitude.

4. Taurus92

Taurus92 Well-Known Member

It seems bomb sniffing dogs might be a less dramatic way to check this out, but then again that may be too efficient and less likely to scare the population into thinking they are being "kept safe". Maybe this explains what happened to that red fire engine truck I thought I lost as a kid.

/Scene switches to Charlton Heston pounding the sand screaming "You blew it up! D*mn you!"

Their basis for concern are from stories like this:

from Nov 7, 2010:
    Al Qaeda planning toy bombs in Britain during Christmas

and back in 2000:
    Toy bomb kills four in Pakistan

and old but still relevant:
    from http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/1987/01/the-report-that-the-un-wants-to-suppress-soviet-atrocities-in-afghanistan

5. seereus

seereus Active Member

We can only be thankful it was not a GI JOE

6. 45Alive

45Alive Member

7. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

:lol: Well we all know that this robot was capable of sending out "a strange mind-control ray that robs humans of common sense." Or so says Mike Vanderboegh. That sort of thing is very dangerous. :righton:

8. Metalheadisme

Metalheadisme New Member

Hah, glad to see that I wasn't the only one who immediately thought about this when I saw the post topic.

Hopefully they can find the person who planted this evil toy robot and take him to... Detroit!

9. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

atleast no-one was being overly paranoid........