Bring out the apologist

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by EJR914, Aug 8, 2016.

1. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

2. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

This part upsets me the most.

3. AtlPhilip

AtlPhilip Proud GCO member.

This is beyond retarded. Such actions could very well be fatal. Yet we tolerate them because of "security". Are they worried MORE drugs are going to be readily available in jail? Maybe a run on the ultra-desirable BPH pills the seniors are doing these days.

I swear dumb****ery must be a basic job requirement when applying for a state position.

4. TITAN308

TITAN308 :) :) :)

What a bunch of incompetent retards.

5. codegeek

codegeek codegeek reincarnate

fixed it for ya...

:rotfl2:

6. TITAN308

In my county you are required to have a minimum of 2 years of college in the related fields. They prefer 4 years and you get paid more accordingly.

Even if you get in with 2 years, you will only get promoted so far until you get the 4 year.

A lot of departments are moving to this, the days of walking in the door with a highschool or GED diploma are numbered.

7. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

Wow. Accidents happen but that's just straight up incompetence.

8. AtlPhilip

Having attended Georgia Tech and gotten my degree in physics, I have met a number of highly educated dumbasses.

State as in "the state". i.e.government

9. TITAN308

Well not sure what you expect, a 100% non dumbass rate?

At least requiring college education will help weed out a majority of the GED bubba's who just want a badge to get in legal fights.

10. CoffeeMate

:rotfl2:

11. TITAN308

You laugh, but one of my instructors who is now retired said his job interview consisted of;

"When was the last time you got in a fight?"

and

"Did you win?"

:lol:

Sadly, the college requirement is a somewhat new criteria in recent history, I don't think we are going to see if it is a success or failure for a long time. Most of the veterans got in way before they switched over to this format.

12. CoffeeMate

I'm laughing at the notion a college education these days will weed out anything.

At most, we'll simply get people more determined to get into fights wearing a badge.

13. TITAN308

Why do you think that? What is the correlation?

14. CoffeeMate

It'll take more effort for someone to get there.

We won't get any fewer people becoming badged looking to get into fights. It's just that the ones we will get will be more determined about their desire.

15. TITAN308

I'm not buying this.

A lot of the required courses for the degrees cover a range of subjects out the gate, like community policing, ethics, etc etc

People who joined before the increasing college requirements got this information as an afterthought and in quick bits and pieces instead of semester long classes and courses.

In essence they were taught to kick ass first and be diplomats second. Now its a trend of reversing that.

16. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

I think I would go find every one of the 6 cops and look them in the face. I suspect each one would look ill to me (as they often do) and let them know they ought to get a check up at their doc. I would also advise they looked so ill to me they would probably die before I did and really ought to get that check up.

Nemo

17. CoffeeMate

"Training issue", huh? :lol:

Well, that might help with the ones who AREN'T looking to get into fights while wearing a badge. That is what we're discussing, right? People who become cops to get into fights?

18. AtlPhilip

I don't disagree. I was just commenting on my experiences. Ever watch big bang theory? I lived it. Minus the hot blonde across the hall.

19. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

LOL at "ethics courses"

As though one could teach such a thing

20. TITAN308

Wait. What?

Ethics is something you learn, its not natural.

Why would you think it is?

Now granted this should be something covered by parents as a child matures, but outside of that, a teacher of some sort stepping in to fill the gap should that not occur is a great idea.

You do realize ethics is quite literally the "study of morality"?

Besides the point, ethics in this context is not about teaching people stuff like "is it right to steal a candy bar?" its an ethics class directly related to the criminal justice system so its much more specific.

Are you really so far gone we are anti-education at this point? :lol:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016