Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen this:

I went home and checked our garage door. We have an older wood garage door without windows. The emergency release mechanism is facing the opposite direction so I don’t think this would work on ours. Something to think about though.

Corey

·
يفخر الكافر
3,938 Posts
Luckily, correcting the problem is an easy process too:

At the very least, it's worth considering keeping some kind of curtain in the garage door windows (if you have them) so that a perp wouldn't be able to see what he was doing. I'd prefer the other method of ensuring that it wouldn't be possible, period.

·
Banned
2,559 Posts
There dosen't need to be windows to do this. I have done it on wood and metal without windows. It's easy.....

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
I removed the pull-rope and put a Ty-wrap through the mechanism. If I have a power outage and I Have to open the garage door, I have a footstool and snips. To reduce temptation, I went to the crafts store and got a few tubes that have glass paint. Dab some clear on in a swirling pattern and you have all the light but it can't really be seen through.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,804 Posts
Luckily, mine has an offset and cant be opened that way. You would have to go up and then in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts