Breaking: FBI to open Clinton Email Investigation

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by rougeneck, Oct 28, 2016.

1. rougeneck

rougeneck Member

FBI Director James Comey told lawmakers Friday the bureau is a reopening the investigation into the Hillary Clinton personal email server, a surprise development with 11 days until the election.

After recommending this year that the Department of Justice not press charges against the Secretary of State, Comey said in the letter to eight congressional committee chairman that "recent developments" urged him to take another look.

"In connection with an unrelated case, the FBI has learned of the existence of emails that appear pertinent to the investigation," Comey wrote the chairmen. "I am writing to inform you that the investigative team briefed me on this yesterday, and I agreed that the FBI should take appropriate investigative steps designed to allow investigators to review these emails to determine whether they contain classified information, as well as to assess their importance to our investigation."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...-tells-senate-judiciary-committee/index.html?

2. GratiaVeritatis

GratiaVeritatis New Member

How concerned are you all that this is coming too little too late? I doubt any Hillary supporters will change their ballots at this point anyway. Is a possible Kaine presidency the most anti-Hillary folks can hope for?

3. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Will not change a thing. Something can be under investigation forever with no outcome. The only reason their was an outcome to the first investigation is it was becoming a campaign issue.

4. rougeneck

rougeneck Member

I'm NOT saying ANYONE should hinder or interfere with any type of law enforcement investigation...However if I were Clinton I would play Chess, not Checkers.

First step would obviously be to win elections, and must win Senate, next step would be to remove Director and any minions. Next step appoint a friendly face.

Fed investigations take months if not years to conclude...

5. rougeneck

rougeneck Member

Just got off the phone with an anonymous media friend of mine...has to do with Anthony Weiner's emails to his wife? If true this strange.

6. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Nothing will change

7. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

If she admitted to breaking the law, and was dragged away in shackles, there would still be idiots voting for her.

8. awanatech

awanatech Well-Known Member

Really? Who would've thought it... a Weiner caught up in the middle of a Clinton scandal??

9. rougeneck

rougeneck Member

Got whole lot stranger...let me back up what else I'm hearing before I post it.

10. jmorriss

jmorriss Active Member

:popcorn:

11. rougeneck

rougeneck Member

I decided not to say who, where, where, and how on some additional juicy stuff I was told...

But in as an impartial assessment as I can (in Not-Trump camp), this appears to be a "Hail Mary pass" to Donald I must admit.

Now here comes the questions:

1. Is this coming too late in the game?

2. Will the FBI respond to Hillary's recent request for more info?

3. Will Donald fumble the ball? (Saying something off track or careless)

4. Will the Attorney General or Obama step in with a substantial argument?

5. Will the (pro-Hillary) public revolt and say this is all political retribution?

12. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Yes to all.

13. DonT

DonT Deplorable bitter clinger.

Talk about a crap storm and a major league October surprise. Very interesting. I wonder if we'll even have a hint of the truth of what this is about before election day.

14. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Seems that the reporting is unusual and generally not done, it all indicates that there is really some There there.

Nemo

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...timing-required-disclosure-renewed-probe.html

15. Schweisshund

Schweisshund Well-Known Member

Looks like the FBI grabbed Hillary by the Weiner.

16. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator