Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For your thoughts and actdions regarding reporters and reducing licensing fees.

Nemo

https://www.texastribune.org/2017/0...ott-signs-measure-reduce-handgun-license-fee/

Texas governor jokes about shooting reporters after signing gun bill
by Alex Samuels May 26, 2017

After signing a bill and testing out a few guns at a shooting range Friday, Gov. Greg Abbott held up his bullet-riddled target sheet and joked, "I'm gonna carry this around in case I see any reporters."

. . .

The law, Senate Bill 16, reduces the first-time fee for a license to carry from $140 to $40 and the renewal fee from $70 to $40. A license to carry permit is valid in Texas for five years. The new fee will go into effect on Sept. 1.

. . .
Initially put in wrong spot, please delete other (or move this one if here is wrong)

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
Watch. Some reporter will file a lawsuit claiming Abbott issued a terroristic threat against reporters. :lol:

·
Registered
7,923 Posts
I'll need a TX renewal before too long. Trying to navigate this TX explanation, but the 10 yr sounds pretty good, even though indecipherable :

To renew your Texas Concealed Handgun License you must first complete a handgun proficiency course within 6 months preceding the date of application renewal for the first or second renewal and the date of application for renewal or the date of application for the preceding renewal, for a third or subsequent renewal, to ensure that the license holder is not required to complete the course more than once in any 10-year period.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts