Rather than leave this thread empty, let me tell this story about Texas vs. California:
TEXAS v. CALIFORNIA
The Governor of California is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A coyote jumps out, attacks his dog.
1. The Governor starts to intervene, and gets bit by the coyote. Then the Gov has a change of heart about interfering in Nature's plan. THinking of the movie “Bambi," he realizes he should stop; the coyote is only doing what is natural.
The ‘yote kills the Governor’s dog.
2. He calls animal control. Animal Control captures the coyote and bills the State $200 testing it for diseases and $500 for relocating it.
3. He calls a veterinarian. The vet collects the dead dog and bills the State $200 for testing it for diseases, and $100 more for cremating it.
4. The Governor goes to hospital and spends $3,500 getting checked for diseases from the coyote and on getting his bite wound bandaged.
5. The running trail gets shut down for 6 months while Fish & Game conducts a $100,000 survey to make sure the area is free of dangerous animals. The State loses another $ 30,000 in parking fees normally collected there.
6. The Governor spends $50,000 in state funds to implement a “coyote awareness” program for residents of the area.
7. The State Legislature spends $2 million to study how to better treat rabies and how to permanently eradicate the disease throughout the world.
8. The Governor’s security agent is fired for not stopping the attack somehow and for letting the Governor attempt to intervene himself. He collects unemployment benefits for two months to the tune of $6,000.
9. Additional cost to State of California: $75,000 to hire and train a new security agent with additional special training regarding the nature of coyotes.
10. PETA protests the coyote’s relocation and files suit against the State.
MEANWHILE , out in TEXAS:
The Governor of Texas is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A Coyote jumps out attacks and viciously bites his dog.
1. The Governor shoots the coyote with his State-issued pistol and keeps jogging.
The Governor has spent $0.83 on that .45 ACP hollow point round.
2. The buzzards eat the dead coyote and the dead dog.
And that, boys and girls, is why California is broke………..and Texas isn’t.