Branding yourself !!

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by jeepsterwannabe, Apr 4, 2007.

1. jeepsterwannabe

jeepsterwannabe New Member

Ok, new here to the board and newly issued license has arrived. for some reason i keep thinking about those little (sometimes not so little) stickers that ar black and blue that you automatically associate with police (thin blue line) and even the fire dept has them. could we not also have a sticker that lets LEO and potential bad guys that this car is driven by a licensed firearm toting american citizen.
    I am not trying to blow a trumpet and have a parade to show off my weapon but some subtle hint that a law abiding human is here. if this is a bad idea let me know please.

2. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

I have an RKBA sticker on the back window of one car and a "Peace through superior firepower" sticker on the other.

Lots of turds have that "blue line" sticker on their cars thinking they'll get out of a ticket. Only the truest of the true have stickers proclaming they have guns. I also have a few "Molon Labe" stickers that just don't look right on my car window. I should slap them on anyways. I'm half waiting for them to think it's probable cause to pull me over. But that's another story.

Congratulations on your license, by the way. And welcome to the board!

3. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

get a "protected by Smith and Wesson" decal and you'll be ok :D

4. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I don't put anything on my car that says "gun" but that is just me.

Welcome to GPDO!

5. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I don't put anything on my car... in fact I usually take off the dealer sticker. The only thing in my window is a small flag.

6. bbruce

bbruce New Member

I was actually just informed that if you have a blue line decal on your vehicle you should think about taking it off. There has been a high level of entering autos and vehicle damage associated with these decals. People are assuming the vehicle is owned by an officer, and possibly has a gun or other goodies inside. Reasons why you don’t want to announce what you possibly have or could have in the vehicle. No stickers for me!

7. jason1

jason1 New Member

What is the blue line sticker?

I have never seen the blue line sticker what is it .Only stickers I have is a Glock sticker and a NRA member sticker on my trucks back window. :lol:

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I've got stickers on mine. I saw one that said "insured by HK" on a truck around here yesterday.

9. lsu_nonleg

lsu_nonleg New Member

Going back to the car stereo days, product stickers scream "steal me."

"You can pry my gun from my cold dead hands," tells me you might be the kind of guy to leave a nice shiny boomstick in the car because it fits your image.

How many people will know what molon labe means? Well, it'd be the choir you're preaching to if they understand it.

Trumpet the cause other ways, but calling attention to yourself seems like a bad idea. Some of the bad guys go looking for a lion to take down to prove themselves, and plenty of cops do it too. Course, I do make my Wal-mart shopping uniform the t-shirt that has a big slash through Che Guevara's face.

10. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Pic? :D

11. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

12. lsu_nonleg

lsu_nonleg New Member

Like that, only bigger and no words. I figured the target audience wouldn't be able to read the English, and people in Decatur couldn't read the spanish version. So I just went with the universal version on Olive Drab!

13. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

+1, the way I look at it, they're not paying me to be advertising on the back of my vehicle.

14. Watch_Their_Hands

Watch_Their_Hands New Member

I don't have, and wouldn't put, any gun-related sticker on my vehicle. No sense tipping off BG's, nor giving LEO's a reason to search.

15. triggerman357

triggerman357 New Member

Welcome jeepsterwannabe,

I feel your pain. I used to put stickers and emblems on my car for every organization I was a put of i.e. lodge, AAA, college. Because of them, I would only get no attention or unwanted attention. My firearms instructor told me, any sticker mentioning 'gun' or anything like that could put you in a bad legal situation, if you ever needed one to defend yourself. I now have no advertisement on my truck, although that NRA sticker would like sure look nice in the corner of my rear window. I just put it on my gun case.

16. Foul

Foul New Member

Damn, mzmtg, you're HOT! :shock:

(Wait...that isn't you in the pic with the shirt? Nevermind...)

17. Macktee

Macktee New Member

That was my first reaction as well. Ya know, thinking we might have a really hot babe on the forum.

Then I noticed the name. What a disappointment...!

I agree with most people here about stickers on cars. I don't advertise for anybody and I don't promote any political or religious (pro or anti) causes because I don't want to incite some nut case with differing views. I really don't need a broken window or scratches in the paint or flat tires or whatever.

As mentioned, a pro-gun sticker could be seen by some people as an advertisement there just might be something worth stealing on the inside.....

And as GAGunOwner pointed out,definitely not a good idea crossing into Canada with a pro-gun sticker on the vehicle. Not unless you really want to spend some quality time with those nice Kanuck Kustoms Kops!

18. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

I was excited to see another girl but then realized I am still all alone except for Tyger...

I usued to sticker my car up but not any more. Just a support our troops ribbon magnet. I used to have a field artillery sticker but have a new car so no sticker.

When I have my F350 I wanted a sticker that said "I'll still be powerstroking when the cummins done" but my ex hubby didn't like it... oh well some people can't appreciate a good joke. I liked it though and I'm a girl..

19. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

You do not have any pro-right to keep and bear friends who would contribute to the forum?