Brady's Grading and Violence

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

This guy has done an interesting comparison of Brady state grades on gun laws and violence rates in those states!

http://armsandthelaw.com/archives/brady ... veness.pdf

They gave Georgia a D in 2003, 2004, and 2005. I could not find 2006. I do not really think we should have the same letter grade as states like Colorado and Utah. Georgia's overly restrictive laws just do not deserve to be in the same category as these less restrictive states. Oregon got a higher grade on the Brady scale, a C-, which defies explanation!

Alabama, Montana, and Wyoming got Fs! If we work hard, maybe we can get one!

Alaska earned it. They managed to move from a D to an F last year.

2. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

That information could also lead one to believe that CCW laws have absoutely no effect on crime either... as most of the D and F states have liberal carry laws... or at least "have" carry.

Georgia's carry laws suck, but we do have private sales w/o FFL, preemption, no registration, no waiting periods... even FL has a 3 day waiting period for handguns. I don't think our crumby CCW laws factor into the Brady Grade.... hell, AL is "may issue" and they got an F!

I think we should work harder to get an F for Fantastic!

3. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

06 grades will not be issued until sometime in 07.