Brady News Release on Parker

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

They are either full of :bsflag:
    or just plain :screwy:

or, more likely, both.

2. Wiley

Wiley New Member

Naw, Tink, they're just trying to preserve their paychecks. If the SC denies cert or rules against D.C. a lot of the brady bunch may have to work for a living.

I personaly don't think they are bright enough to get even a government job (Karen Taylor-Goodrich not withstanding*).

*She's the Associate Director, Visitor and Resource Protection, National Park Service. Good fiction writer, unfortunately she does it on government time.

3. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I had an old navy guy explain to me the difference between a fairy tale and a sea story.

A fairy tale starts out, "Once upon a time..."

A sea story starts out, "Now, this is no :censored: "

That so-called press release really surely should have started out with one or the other of those opening lines because it most definitely is one of them...

:^o

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

What's the update on the National Parks issue?

5. Wiley

Wiley New Member

Same-same as far as I know.

I just recieved a mailing from GOA with postcards to send to Bush, 'Spuddy-buddy' Kempthorne and Taylor-Goodrich. Interestingly they mentioned VCDL once in their whole mailing. They did ask for money multiple times, tho'.

6. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Funny enough, the Brady blog seems to be turning into the place for pro-gun information.

NOT becuase of what Brady puts on the blog, but because of all the pro-gun comments about how wrong the original post is.

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Thanks, I missed that!

8. adcurt

adcurt New Member

Ok, so at the end of the article you get their "creed":

Aside from the fact that they use "gun violence," 3 times in one sentence I'm left wondering: How does working against this judgement further their cause of "creating an America free from gun violence"?

OH! They mean keeping CRIMINALS free from gun violence. D'oh!