Brady Email

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, May 3, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

As many of you know, I am on the Brady email list. Here is their action plan regarding responding to the VT shootings.

1. We must comprehensively and effectively apply the Brady background check system, so no one who we want to prohibit from buying guns can legally buy one.

Effective background checks would have stopped the Virginia Tech killer from buying these guns.

2. We must reduce access to weaponry that is not for sport and not for self-defense.

Had Congress and the President not allowed the assault weapon ban to expire, the killer may not have been able to obtain the high capacity magazines he used in his assault.

3. We must give our police and federal law enforcement the tools and resources they need to fight gun crimes, including illegal gun trafficking and corrupt gun dealers.

New technologies, such as microstamping and other ballistic identification systems, might have allowed authorities to identify the Virginia Tech shooter earlier, before his second, most deadly, rampage.

2. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

Because it should matter whom they want to prohibit.

3. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Okay not the smartest guy on this forum but...

"1. We must comprehensively and effectively apply the Brady background check system, so no one who we want to prohibit from buying guns can legally buy one. "

"Effective background checks would have stopped the Virginia Tech killer from buying these guns."

Sounds like they want to say who is and who isnt allowed to own or purchase a gun! I dont see anything stopping a person this screwed up would have helped. Physc evaluations? I think that is crossing the line.

". We must reduce access to weaponry that is not for sport and not for self-defense.
    Had Congress and the President not allowed the assault weapon ban to expire, the killer may not have been able to obtain the high capacity magazines he used in his assault. "

I wish they had their facts straight on this one......

"3. We must give our police and federal law enforcement the tools and resources they need to fight gun crimes, including illegal gun trafficking and corrupt gun dealers.
    New technologies, such as microstamping and other ballistic identification systems, might have allowed authorities to identify the Virginia Tech shooter earlier, before his second, most deadly, rampage."

Its called where there is a want somebody will always provide......What the hell are they talking about? Ballistic Identification? I dont see how anything could have been done quicker from the first to second shhoting with any advancement in technology. If the university would have done more when concerns were brought up. Then there is your technological advancement. Its called common sense!

:soapbox:

4. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

Like I said in my first post on this, :puke:

There is nothing else to say, they are full of themselves

5. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I love the words they choose to use...

already pointed out from #1...
    I am guessing they would prohibit everybody besides police.

the other 2...
    Whats that? They admit that even if the AWB was still in effect he could still have purchased those high cap magazines.

Notice they say identify, but not prevent or do anything about it. All of these things require a lab to compare to a database. By the time ANY microstamp or ballistic id could possibly have found out who the owner of the gun was during the first rampage (assuming the most ideal circumstances), the 2nd rampage would have already began. Since the 2nd rampage did not happen where Cho lived, figuring out that Cho was the owner of the gun used in the first shooting (owner of the gun per registration may not be the shooter, gun could have been stolen) WOULD NOT have allowed them to do anything different.

Not until after the crime did police match actual fingerprints from the first and second rampages to know Cho did both. Even if they knew Cho did the first, they would have no idea until after the 2nd rampage that Cho did the second.

All microstamping and ballistic id's would tell the police is that Cho owned the pistol in the first shooting. The police would still have to go to Cho's home and ask him about the firearm used in the first shooting (do you have it/was it stolen), but by that time he would already be on the VT campus.

Even with microstamping and all the ballistic id's you can think up would not have prevented or stopped it. The police would still have to compare fingerprints, be it ballistic fingerprint or your actual prints, after the fact.

6. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

Soooo, by day he is a mild manner on the Brady email list. :sly:
    But, by night he is the super hero gun rights activist "Mad Man Malum" :shoot:
    :puke: Havent they been pukeing this list after every type of masacree?

7. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

They are right. He probably would have bought other guns. Illegally.

What a bunch of maroons.

8. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Idiots

They're idiots.

"We don't want to ban guns that are made for sport or lawful self-defense."

Gee, then what is a Glock 19? Is that not one of the best self-defense pistols made? Is it, and very similar models in other calibers, the most popular handgun among police? Aren't hollow-point bullets ideal for self-defense? If not why do all the police use 'em?

"We're not against sporting guns."

Well, a .22 pistol on a medium-sized frame is not a combat weapon. It's not made for self-defense, or offense, or any type of antipersonnel use. It is a plinking gun, and/or a training tool. Practice with cheap .22 ammo, then switch to a very similar gun in a larger caliber after you've mastered the basics with the smallbore. Other .22 semi-auto pistols (which also use 10-round detachable magazines) are truly target-quality pistols designed to shoot bullseye targets at 50 feet and 25 yards.

Are the Bradys saying they're not against THOSE guns?

It's all a bunch of lies. They're not idiots. They want to ban every gun that shoots, period. Reasonable restrictions won't work-- criminals and crazies will still get them (if only through the black market). Limits on magazines won't satisfy the Brady Bunch, because even if all mags over 10 rounds disappeared from the face of the Earth, when a mad gunman goes on a rampage with two pistols and a pocketful of extra 10-round mags, he's going to cause enough damage that everybody will be outraged and demanding more gun control.

9. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

For them reasonable gets a little bigger every time they win a ban.

I've noticed in some of their stuff they are already questioning why anyone would "need" to make a shot at ranges greater than 100 yards.

10. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

AAAHhhhhhhhh Sarah Brady....... The woman of my dreams............

What? Nightmares ARE dreams, right?

11. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

12. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

hellglock

:shakehead: So that's the weapon of choice in the recent outbreak of drive-by-bayonetings? :shakehead:

13. Macktee

Macktee New Member

That's what bothers me most about these people, by which I mean all antis. Sadly, that includes my wife and daughters.

How can seeming normal and intelligent people fail to see the flaws and outright stupidity of their positions on guns and gun control? It doesn't make sense to me. I cannot understand how anyone can be that blind and close-minded.

Of course, they feel the same about us...

And, while I'm typing here............. Thanks GG for the post. Loved it and sent it to several people who will get a chuckle, or serious heartburn, as a result of seeing it.

And, as for you Adam...

You need help.

Lots of help and you need it quickly.

Talk about kinky...!

And don't try to hide behind the very small type. If you truly believed that, it would be large enough to be easily read. Like this:

Prevert!

Which is even worser than a pervert...

14. Taler

Taler New Member

A quote attributed to Jim Brady as he was released from the hospital following the shooting, (unconfirmed), when a reporter asked about what he "was going to do now", he answered, "Well, I have half a mind to leave this job."

Honestly, I just don't understand the Brady bunch, and their total lack of reasoning.

15. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

The little voices in my head say that I'm beyond help.

16. izajane

izajane New Member

?

[​IMG]

Does this come with a bra holster?