Brady Campaign

Discussion in 'In the News' started by peashooter, May 22, 2007.

1. peashooter

peashooter New Member

They never let up. Read this

http://www.bradycampaign.org/chapters/c ... /#cooliris

The California Crime Gun Identification Act of 2007
    Help California Police Solve Handgun Crimes

Thirty-two people were murdered at Virginia Tech. Thirty-two people are murdered with guns every day in our country. In California, no arrest is made in about 45% of all homicides because police lack the evidence they need.

A bill now before the California legislature would provide law enforcement with a valuable new tool ("microstamping " technology) to help in the identification of crime guns and in solving handgun crimes. Microstamping is a series of microscopic characters laserd onto the firing mechanism and chamber of semi-automatic handguns. When the gun is fired, the characters are transferred to the bullet shell casing. Law enforcement can rapidly link shell casings found at a crime scene to the gun from which it was fired. The murderer, armed criminal, or illegal gun trafficker could be rapidly identified and arrested, thereby reducing gun violence and gun crime in California!

The Crime Gun Identification Act of 2007 (AB 1471) would require that starting in 2010, new semi-automatic handguns be equipped with microstamping technology. Last year, we came very close to passage of a similar piece of legislation to help California's police solve handgun crimes and reduce gun trafficking, thanks in part to your phone calls and emails. We are back this year and with your help we will succeed in passing the Crime Gun Identification Act of 2007.

2. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

Mocro stamping,,, micro stamp this :puke:

But there are only asking for :help:

3. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

For an engineer this is interesting technology. I think the way you can beat this would be to make a pocket deprimer to pop out the primer after you fire the bullet. Granted you would have to be able to act quickly after the fact but it could be done.
    This would make for an interesting thread, " how can you disable the micro trace"
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

You don't. You simply pick up your brass and distroy it later. If you really want to keep em guessing grab assorted brass in the same caliber from a range bin and scatter it at the crime scene....

5. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

USMC, you're a thinking man. Or you could use a revolver... But I do like the idea of using others discarded brass, many others.

6. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

Or even better, grab the brass from the local police range....

7. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Just use steel cased ammo, and tie a magnet to the back of your shoe.

8. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

:shock: :shock: :shock:

9. kkennett

kkennett New Member

Or you simply file the end of the firing pin or order a generic replacement from your local parts supplier. Or, let's say you're a criminal, you acquire the gun illegally and surreptitiously fail to send in your registration papers with the State of CA.

10. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Or you get your hands on one of the 200+ million US firearms owned before the stupid law went into effect.

11. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Come on GS!!! That's too easy!! Where's the fun in doing that way?

12. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:wink:

:lol:

13. Macktee

Macktee New Member

That is pure evil... I love it!!! You are one really twisted person! Think I'll send this thread to my pal Sarah.

Maybe she'll think it's as funny as I do.

Probably not..........

Actually, I can't see her thinking anything is funny and that's truly a shame. I don't agree with her positions on gun control, but I hate the thought she is a bitter, unhappy, miserable person. Everyone should have at least some fun in his/her life...

14. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Change out the barrel, change the striker (or firing pin), change the extractor

boom....new gun.

15. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

Or go to AZ, NV, NM or even our best friends Mexico and get a gun with out. Also there will be at that time 49 other states with out,,, only time untill we all fold I guess :roll:

16. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I am sure the liberals in charge of NY, NJ, and Mass will think it is a good idea and pass it too. NJ already has that law that says as soon as smart guns become commercially viable that a law will kick in making those smart guns the only availible gun for purchase in NJ.

17. Dan H

Dan H New Member

Do they really think people are stupid enough to believe something like this would get passed? Or am I underestimating Commyfornia?

18. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Reason eleventy billion I am no longer going to that state to visit family.