brady bill rhetoric

Discussion in 'GWL News & Information' started by glocked_n_loaded, May 6, 2006.

1. glocked_n_loaded

glocked_n_loaded New Member

has anyone seen this BS.... these people are sipnning the views on laws and translation of laws and i cannot believe that people are actually listening.... talk about preaching to the uneducated masses and trying to sway public opinion... i did a search on "concealed carry"+georgia and it came up third on google search... kinda a non-event but it is entertaining to read how things can be twisted to turn the uneducated sheep.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/legislatio ... .php?st=ga

and to top it all off.... they even tell the sheeple that they are filling them with BS by this disclaimer at the very bottom of the page:

"The gun law summaries provided by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence should not be regarded as explanation of state law. While we try to keep this information accurate and updated, this material is provided for general discussion and reference purposes only."

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Anytime you interpret a law, a disclaimer should be used. I have them, packing.org has them. However, I try hard to keep information up to date and accurate, so even if the disclaimer were not there, it would not be needed.

Brady on the other hand relies on that same phrase to shield themselves from liability when posting what they know is wrong information.
    :evil: :puke:

Rep Benfield provides a good example of what I am positive no media outlet will cover about Brady's lies. The following is pretty close to the story she told on the House floor during SB 396 debate (not a transcript because I could not write as fast as she talked) she said of a Florida Stand Your Ground law being used "wrongfully":

It seems a tow truck driver in Florida, who had a history of towing legally parked vehicles to unauthorized storage lots (charging towing and storage fees), towed a legally parked car to a lot. When the vehicle owner found out where his car was towed, he went to retrieve it. An argument broke out and the tow truck driver shot the car owner and claimed the new "stand your ground" defense. The court threw out the stand your ground claim.

Rep Benfield used this example of how tow truck driver misunderstood the law and used it wrongfully, a person died, and that is why she thinks it was a bad law.

If you remember, Brady and company were the ones flooding Florida airports with pamphlets full of lies for the arriving planes about the new law in Florida. It would probably be easy to prove the tow truck driver came across one while towing a car from the airport or just left from there.

Without the disclaimer, the tow truck driver could sue Brady.

It would probably be too difficult to make a criminal case against Brady for knowingly misrepresenting the law that resulted in a death.

3. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Remeber that is a Dem's story so it may not even be true. Even if it was exactly as I wrote, I personally think the driver more than likely killed the person to stop him from calling the police.

Supposing he really did misunderstand the law, I would love to hear the Brady group being sued for lying. Better still would be criminal charges for creating the condition that lead to the death.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Why do you say it is :bsflag: :?:

After reviewing it, I would say it is pretty accurate. The only one that was wrong was the statement that there are no background checks at gun shows, and even then I am sure they mean for private sales, since every gun dealer sale at a gun show in every state must have a background check pursuant to federal law.

They gave us a "D." I just want to work harder on getting an "F." :wink:

5. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Why do you say it is :bsflag: :?:

After reviewing it, I would say it is pretty accurate. The only one that was wrong was the statement that there are no background checks at gun shows, and even then I am sure they mean for private sales, since every gun dealer sale at a gun show in every state must have a background check pursuant to federal law.

They gave us a "D." I just want to work harder on getting an "F." :wink:[/quote:1bhcw98a]

I take it you just looked at the top summary and did not click them for more details. They are pretty much ignoring Federal laws and talking about just Georgia laws, even though you personally can't ignore them. It also seems the page has not been updated since around 2004 as they are whining that the AWB is about to sunset.

Irresponsibly to them means that the guns functioned as designed and distribution followed all the laws.
    Yes there are other industries. The fast food/junk food industry got protection before guns. You can no longer sue McDonalds for selling you the food you ordered, which you claim you were not aware that sitting on your ass 24/7 with no exercise except driving to McDonalds for every meal would make you unhealthy and fat.

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Pretty good guess!

7. tony218

tony218 New Member

Georgia - State law allows people to carry guns into public schools and onto school buses while they are transporting, picking up, or dropping off students, if they have a CCW permit. Parents should know that loaded handguns may be legally brought onto school grounds by people with concealed carry permits

to this i say thank god