Brady and VT Survivor to Fight Guns on Campus

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Dec 16, 2010.

1. goldshellback

goldshellback New Member

“I was at the right place at the right time at Virginia Tech - I was in class, where I belonged,†Goddard said. “The problem that day was a gun on campus. Another gun -- or 10 or 20 more guns -- would not have been the solution."

Nope, a gun in responsiable student's hand wouldn't have solved a thing that day......BUT, it certinaly would've been 'nice' to have close at hand that day.

A defensive firearm dosn't solve anything, but it'll help stop a bad situation when it presents itself in your face.

A criminal dosn't care, we do. That's the diffrence. Too bad others can't see any reason for 'guns on campus' objectively.

2. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

:puke:

Go Texas!
    Make it legal so we can have all the more proof that more guns in the hands of law abiding folk is always a good thing.

3. commodore_dude

commodore_dude Active Member

Colin was in school with me for a few years, and he was a great guy. I remember my Facebook news feed blowing up when someone found out he was shot at VT, and all the folks rooting for him to get better. It's always sad to see him shilling for Brady rather than placing the blame where it belongs, on the perpetrator.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I find it curious that he does not think things might have had a chance of turning out better if I were standing between him and Cho with a 10mm.

5. Paladin

Paladin Fattus Patrickus

Really? I'd loooooove to know exactly how they plan to make every American safe... good greif.

6. samman23

samman23 New Member

it seems that all these active shooters commit suicide at the first sign of armed resistance. It does not take much to get them to kill themselves. Why would you not want armed resistance?

7. antjay76

antjay76 New Member

Has anyone read the Secret Service study from 2000? Only 9% of the shootings were stopped by direct police involvement. Also, Cho was a student at VIRGINIA TECH where even the janitors have to have a 3.0 GPA!!

www.secretservice.gov/ntac_ssi.shtml