Boy, 13, admits killing his parents

Discussion in 'In the News' started by TippinTaco, Nov 18, 2010.

1. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40248897/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts

What gives this judge the idea?!? I'm going to step on some peoples toes here but this kid MURDERED HIS FAMILY. Theres no redoes, or retrys, and the kid doesn't get to put 50 cents in the machine and get a free replay.This kid PLOTTED these peoples death. I don't care about reason or cause. HE KILLED SOMEONE. I hope I don't have to spell that out. This kid just like anyone else that has commited murder needs to be destroyed. Its that simple. He's 13, he knows how to go to his teachers and ask for help if he's being abused at home. I'm certain by his age he has sat through stranger danger demonstrations held at school. And I'm sure he has been taught that murder is a bad thing. This kid is a bad apple, that needs to be plucked from society and removed from it. And in doing so I nor anyone else else should be faced with paying his bills while he sits in jail. Sadly kids arent just kids anymore. They're making adult choices daily, getting involved with drugs, sex, violence, gangs, robbing people, beating old people, and of course commiting murder. Call me heartless or unsympathetic or what ever else crosses your mind but thinking this kid can be rehabilitated and released back into public... nonsence.. Now he knows he can get away with it again. And he will claim insanity or that he came from a crappy family..

2. Aberk

Aberk Custom User Title

No argument from me.

3. Xiclotl

Xiclotl Active Member

If the judge believes the boy can be rehabilitated then maybe he should adopt the boy and raise him in his house. :righton:

4. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

ya know, I was going to comment on this but wanted some more info than the above link provided so I called up my old pal google with "13 year old kills parents in missouri".

:shock:

What is wrong with our world.

5. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

I was almost amazed that this kid had the ideas that he did. Kids need to be held accountable for the crimes they do. No questions. If my kid murders someone, then so be it he/she deserves the elctric chair just as much as a full grown man on death row. Murder isn't something to take lightly, and the more and more of todays youth that see others their age getting away with it, more will start doing the same thing. THIS CAN'T HAPPEN! Our justice system has a weak point and thats : KIDS

Kids have the chance to walk that chalk line of being able to beat the wrap due to their age. Just like all the other lessons that kids learn, they need to learn that commiting murder means they get to ride the electric train regardless of their age. I'm 100% for capital punishment, and if they have issues throwing the switch on a kid, then hire my @##. Kids aren't pets, they're human beings, but we can't look past the fact that they're getting smarter earlier, capable of doing things at a much younger age, and as in the 15 year old girlt hat dug 2 graves in her back yard and murdered the 9 year old girl next door, slit her throat and tossed her in the grave JUST TO SEE WHAT IT WAS LIKE. These aren't kids, they're monsters. It's not video games fault, or harry potter or shrek. It all comes back to the parents and how that child is brought up. It's up to the parents to stay tuned into that kids life so they can recognize issues or signs of issues that may be rising in that childs life. But we're adults, we have full time jobs, bills to pay and mouths to feed. If you're too @#[email protected]#$ busy to take care of a child mentally, phyiscally and financially THEN DONT HAVE ONE!!!

sigh.. rant off guys :p

6. Glocker

Glocker New Member

I completely agree.

7. 175FO

175FO Member

Obviously the kid has problems, but is it possible that the parents did something to him to make him want to kill them? The story did mention sexual abuse, I am sure that would be enough for some kids to want to kill their parents. I am not saying the kid was right, but what else is going on here?

8. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

As adults every time something bad happened to us we usually have to determine the correct method of handling the situation. Kids his age are taught in school and by peers that if something is wrong you should talk to someone, how do you think so many adults get caught for these things because kids are told over and over and over again that sexual abuse and child abuse arent acceptable at any level. This kid just didn't out of the spur of the moment after being raped or molested just go grab a gun and protect himself. HE PLOTTED THEIR DEATH. This would be like me having a run in with a robber over and over and over again and instead of going to the authorities and attempting to do whats right, I plot this guys death, make arrangements, create and elaborate story, and then kill the robber and THEN hide the weapons. The kid has already lied to the police several times and changed his story over and over. THEN it comes out with his lawyers and tells them he was sexually abused. By him constantly lying and changing his story that just proves he knows what he did was wrong, by him plotting the murder, that also shows that he knew what he was doing was wrong.

Heres another argument: Every time we hear of someting similar to this happening, the kid usually tells the people investigating it that it was in self defense. That their parents molested them or sexually abused them: Lyle and Erik Menendez sound familiar?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyle_and_Erik_Menendez

Read the entire story and way of life there. Then take this young kid and replace the Menendez brothers story to his. You will notice a repeatitive pattern. Then take any kid that has ever murdered and place their story on this one. You will see the same thing.