·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Bowling Pin Shooting League :minigun:

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,102 Posts
I didn't watch all 11 minutes of that video, but it looked like they were only shooting .22 target pistols, and using them fairly slowly and carefully, shooting from the full 25 yard distance at that indoor range.

Most bowling pin shoots I've been to involve a lot closer distance to target, and most of the time the guns are big-caliber revolvers and .45 semi-autos. The shooting is as fast as you can score solid hits, with the best shooters taking only maybe 5 seconds to knock all 5 pins off the table. 10 seconds would be a more "average" time for the participants.

Shooting bowling pins is fun. I've had the pleasure to shoot them with a submachinegun and a cut-down shotgun loaded with buckshot too. If any shooting range in the Atlanta area would host a SMG/ carbine / riot shotgun bowling pin shoot, I would really try to attend that one.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I often wish I had a sidearm available at the bowling alley for those pesky ringing tens...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wild West shooting range in Austell does a bowling pin shoot like you described. $10 gets you two rounds of 5 pins. Fastest time wins. All handguns allowed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts