Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the return of most of the 3rd Infantry Division, we have restarted the pin matches at Mission Essential in Hinesville.

The next pin match will be on 16 February 2011 at 1700 hours. Cost is $12 per shooter.

We shoot 5 bowling pins from a table going head to head. The best two out of three advance until we have a winner. This match is double elimination.

Centerfire Firearms Only.

The winner gets his entry fee returned.

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
These shoots are fun and are a great training opportunity, too! :righton:

Here's a couple pics from the pin shoot last week:

:flame: welcome too! :wink: ( Well, sorta.. :rotfl: :shattered: )

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Great news…but may I suggest creating two separate divisions (one for 1911 shooters & one for everyone else) or give the plastic pistol shooters a handicap :D

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
jdh31313 said:
Great news…but may I suggest creating two separate divisions (one for 1911 shooters & one for everyone else) or give the plastic pistol shooters a handicap :D
lol. i may bring the grand raptor out for this..

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jdh31313 said:
The last two were won by a tupperware shooter. Some goofy guy shooting a wheelgun cleaned up on some 1911 shooters too. It's not the bow and arrow. It's the Indian.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
How does it work? Does each shooter have his own rack of pins, and the first to hit all 5 wins the match?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Verbal101 said:
How does it work? Does each shooter have his own rack of pins, and the first to hit all 5 wins the match?

Thanks
all 5 on the floor....

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
Samuel Adams said:
Some goofy guy shooting a wheelgun cleaned up on some 1911 shooters too.
He sure did! :eek: 8)

It's not the bow and arrow. It's the Indian.
True.. but having a :flame: sometimes helps too. :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
The wife wants to make a trip to Florida some time soon. If we go, I may have to talk SA into setting up a pin shoot while I'm in the general AO. I miss those :cry:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
gruntpain1775 said:
The wife wants to make a trip to Florida some time soon. If we go, I may have to talk SA into setting up a pin shoot while I'm in the general AO. I miss those :cry:
Let us know when you are coming this way! (well, alittle bit ahead of time so we can get is all set up) :shattered:

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
SilentGhost said:
Hey ARMT, were you able to aquire some pins?
The one here on the airfield told me to get back with them this Monday.

There's another place out in town I need to check out, too.

Both places rotate out their pins about every two years or so. They both have been going on their current pins for about a year/year and half now, so there's probably nothing readily available for the time being. Hopefully latter on this week, I can talk to the folks at these places and get something going with them.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
ARMT Guy said:
SilentGhost said:
Hey ARMT, were you able to aquire some pins?
The one here on the airfield told me to get back with them this Monday.

There's another place out in town I need to check out, too.

Both places rotate out their pins about every two years or so. They both have been going on their current pins for about a year/year and half now, so there's probably nothing readily available for the time being. Hopefully latter on this week, I can talk to the folks at these places and get something going with them.
Good deal, thanks for checking into this for us.

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
SilentGhost said:
gruntpain1775 said:
Let us know when you are coming this way! (well, alittle bit ahead of time so we can get is all set up) :shattered:
will do!

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was able to get 9 bowling pins tonight. The bowling alley didn't have a 10th one to throw out in order to make things even. :shakehead:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Samuel Adams said:
I was able to get 9 bowling pins tonight. The bowling alley didn't have a 10th one to throw out in order to make things even. :shakehead:
Guess one of us needs to volunteer to get a job working at the bowling alley. Then we'll have the inside track as to when the pins are available.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SilentGhost said:
Samuel Adams said:
Guess one of us needs to volunteer to get a job working at the bowling alley. Then we'll have the inside track as to when the pins are available.
Thanks for volunteering. That's quite a career move for you. :righton:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.