Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and it is a Henry Golden Boy in .22lr.
I could not be happier that I found one in town today. It is a beautiful rifle and I can't wait to shoot it later this week. I picked up two value packs of Remington Golden Bullets (1050 rnds total)!
I really wanted to get something to get my boys out shooting with me but also something that we can keep in our family for a very long time. Mission accomplished.

Of course, I am no photographer. I took these with my phone, sorry gang! I'm sure this isn't the first Golden Boy you folks have seen, lol.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
SGT_Calle said:
I'm sure this isn't the first Golden Boy you folks have seen, lol.
Yeah that was Ric Flair.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,250 Posts
Good choice for a first rifle.
You and your sons should have a lot of fun with that, and they can learn much about rifle marksmanship.
What a nice finish on that brass receiver!!! Love it.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've had one of the plain black walnut ones for a few years. I love it. There is just something about it. It feels natural in my hands. If I could, I would carry it around all the time, just like the old ad "Load it on Sunday, shoot all week." Congrats. I hope you enjoy it.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
That's a good looking repeater. :righton:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, shot it today and WOW.
What an absolute pleasure. I only had a little time at the range today because a meeting at work went on FOREVER. It really cut into my Thursday range time.

This target got 45 rounds at 25yrds. I had the target stapled as it is in the photo. There was a really strong L to R wind today. I thought this rifle shot great today

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Very nice rifle. I like the Henry's though I don't own one. :( I've been eye-ballin' their .22 mag lever action myself.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Nice rifle. I want a lever action rifle. I have an older Marlin 780 bolt action 22LR., so I probably would look for a more powerful caliber in one...maybe a 45LC. It reminds be of the old TV shows like "The Rifleman" starring Chuck Conners. I loved the way he cocked his levered rifle one handed. Evidently those images stay burned in my mind for ever.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts