Bought My First Rifle Today!

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by SGT_Calle, Oct 18, 2010.

1. SGT_Calle

SGT_Calle New Member

and it is a Henry Golden Boy in .22lr.
    I could not be happier that I found one in town today. It is a beautiful rifle and I can't wait to shoot it later this week. I picked up two value packs of Remington Golden Bullets (1050 rnds total)!
    I really wanted to get something to get my boys out shooting with me but also something that we can keep in our family for a very long time. Mission accomplished.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Of course, I am no photographer. I took these with my phone, sorry gang! I'm sure this isn't the first Golden Boy you folks have seen, lol.

2. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

Yeah that was Ric Flair.

3. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Good choice for a first rifle.
    You and your sons should have a lot of fun with that, and they can learn much about rifle marksmanship.
    What a nice finish on that brass receiver!!! Love it.

4. Docindahouze

Docindahouze Member

very very nice!!! :love: I have wanted one of these for a while now.

5. ed4

ed4 Active Member

Thought he was the Nature Boy Rick Flair?

OP nice rifle. Dad has one and loves it.

6. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

:oops:

7. historygeek1989

historygeek1989 New Member

I've had one of the plain black walnut ones for a few years. I love it. There is just something about it. It feels natural in my hands. If I could, I would carry it around all the time, just like the old ad "Load it on Sunday, shoot all week." Congrats. I hope you enjoy it.

8. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

That's a good looking repeater. :righton:

9. SGT_Calle

SGT_Calle New Member

Well, shot it today and WOW.
    What an absolute pleasure. I only had a little time at the range today because a meeting at work went on FOREVER. It really cut into my Thursday range time.

[​IMG]

This target got 45 rounds at 25yrds. I had the target stapled as it is in the photo. There was a really strong L to R wind today. I thought this rifle shot great today

10. dam294

dam294 Active Member

Very nice rifle. I like the Henry's though I don't own one. :( I've been eye-ballin' their .22 mag lever action myself.

11. ET.

ET. Active Member

Nice rifle. I want a lever action rifle. I have an older Marlin 780 bolt action 22LR., so I probably would look for a more powerful caliber in one...maybe a 45LC. It reminds be of the old TV shows like "The Rifleman" starring Chuck Conners. I loved the way he cocked his levered rifle one handed. Evidently those images stay burned in my mind for ever.