Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.40 S&W, 4 inch tactical model, bi-tone
$500 tax included.

The website says it comes with 2 12rd mags but the one I got had 3 12rd mags and a holster, new in the box.
XD Website
Large pic

Shot great, only problem was that the mags were so new that it was near impossible to get more than 9 bullets in any one of them.

·
69,149 Posts
Gunstar1 said:
. . . only problem was that the mags were so new that it was near impossible to get more than 9 bullets in any one of them.
I can't say I have ever heard of that one before!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Glocks

I have heard of Glocks with that problem. I goes away after time. Try loading the mag and letting sit for a week.
New toys are so much fun :)

·
69,149 Posts
Three sets of ten three times a week, and you will get all 12! :D

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got 12 in all of them now.
Even with the rounds stacked very tightly in the mag, it can still rack the first round fine.

2 problems with the mag springs being this strong is:
1. Unless I chamber a round or push up on the base of the mag, the mag release is under too much pressure to release the mag with one finger :(
2. I need a speed loader, basically because I don't like sore thumbs or having chunks of my skin torn off if a round slips. :cry:

·
69,149 Posts
The mag release should not be affected by the pressure inside the spring? Are you saying that the mag release tension is different if you put only three rounds in the magazine? That doesn't make sense :?

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Congratulations on the XD! The mags will get easier to load. I recently put 17 rounds, accidentally, into a 16-rounder that is well used. Also, the mag release button takes slightly more pressure with the mags near capacity. I loves me XDs. :righton:

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
HeeHeee!~ I bet GS's XD is well broken in, by now. :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
My first pistol was an XD-40, and until I put about 100 rounds through each mag I NEEDED the speed loader to get more than about 6 or 7 in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.