1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
BANNED (not really)
3,328 Posts
CZ's are awesome. They shoot pretty darn amazing out of the box.

I'm not a huge fan of the factory plastic grips.. but drop some CZ rubber panels or a hogue grip on there and you've got a winner.

Enjoy.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts
I put the wraparound Hogue grip on my CZ75B-SA, and I love it much better than the plastic grips.

And, while I'm sure the BD model is a very nice gun, I prefer the SA's longer beaver tail. I'm not faulting you at all, at least you got a CZ. ;-)

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Great purchase. I have over 9,000 rounds through my BD with only two failures. One was a WWB dud, the other happened when I tried some crappy lube that seized-up.

The rubberized grips are a must, and CZ-USA used to sell three packs of magazines for a good price. Look for that.

·
Cumberland County, Maine
1,310 Posts
Congratulations on the CZ. I hate double actions but I love mine.

·
American
3,289 Posts
Congratulations! CZs are solid performers. Enjoy your new CZ!

·
Cumberland County, Maine
1,310 Posts
I'm no DA/SA fan myself... so I got the CZ75 SA. It's a single action only model.

I have a Shadow Tac II and it can be carried cocked and locked. I usually carry half cocked. I don't like dropping the hammer with my thumb :scared:

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,160 Posts
Those sure look like clones of the Browning Hi Power. Are they?

Nemo

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts
It's the Six Million Dollar Browning Hi Power - stronger, better, faster...

Those sure look like clones of the Browning Hi Power. Are they?

Nemo

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:goodpost:
That's pretty much what I had read. CZ "borrowed" some of the design features from the Hi Power and improved it. I could be totally misrepresenting that, but they certainly look somewhat similar

·
Registered
917 Posts
It is. The current generation of CZ-75s are what the Hi-Power should have become if FN and Browning had decided to invest in a few product improvement cycles and market it differently.

As it is, the CZ-75 in all its variants stands head and shoulders above the current Hi-Power, which is little changed from the day Dieudonne Saive last touched it.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,160 Posts
Well, I guess when they grow up they will be a Hi Power.

Nemo

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,938 Posts
Having had both, the CZ75 is a much better pistol. The action is smoother and the ergonomics are far better.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Having had both, the CZ75 is a much better pistol. The action is smoother and the ergonomics are far better.
I haven't fired both, but I've held both. I would certainly agree that the ergonomics are indeed better with the CZ

1 - 18 of 18 Posts