Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
This death is just another one laid right at the feet of our Federal government, who refuses to secure our borders, and is way too soft on illegal immigration.

Prayers for the family.

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to wonder what legalizing marijuana and allowing people to grow it at will would do for the drug cartels in Mexico.

You know they are the ones who funded the opposition to that proposition in California.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
bdee said:
I have to wonder what legalizing marijuana and allowing people to grow it at will would do for the drug cartels in Mexico.

You know they are the ones who funded the opposition to that proposition in California.
It would make a world of difference, the WoDs needs to be ended. Not just on Marijuana, but Cocaine and Crack as well. Just follow Portugal's guide to partially legalizing drugs (for the user) and using the taxes from those drugs (like alcohol and tobacco), to pay for rehabilitation for the drug addicts. Its worked over there. I think it could work here. Its worth a try, anyway.

The WoDs has been the largest law enforcement failure and largest cost since the prohibition of alcohol. Not to mention that it has helped to destroy our 4th amendment rights, the War on Terrorist took care of the rest of it.

Is it really worth giving up all our rights to combat drugs and terrorism? I think not.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
I'm all for it but there are too many other narcotics on the schedule of controlled substances to really take the steam out of the cartels. Now when we find a way to combat the cultivation of the cocoa seed then real headway will be accomplished.

What happened to the days when the life of one federal agent lost was tantamount to a declaration of war? Now we allow narco-terrorists to throw away the lives of our men and women in uniform like trash on the heap, without repercussions or consequence.

:(

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FoxNews is reporting that the guys that did this are bandits that normally prey on illegal immigrants trying to cross the border.
This is a crisis on a number of levels. But we need to get both sides committed to securing the border.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
EJR914 said:
bdee said:

It would make a world of difference, the WoDs needs to be ended. Not just on Marijuana, but Cocaine and Crack as well. Just follow Portugal's guide to partially legalizing drugs (for the user) and using the taxes from those drugs (like alcohol and tobacco), to pay for rehabilitation for the drug addicts. Its worked over there. I think it could work here. Its worth a try, anyway.

The WoDs has been the largest law enforcement failure and largest cost since the prohibition of alcohol. Not to mention that it has helped to destroy our 4th amendment rights, the War on Terrorist took care of the rest of it.

Is it really worth giving up all our rights to combat drugs and terrorism? I think not.
Hush now. Drugs are bad. I mean, I'm all for freedom, but not if it means you get to do drugs.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Drugs are bad, MMMMMMKAY? :lol:

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But how can we let ANY immigrants into this country while our unemployment rate is so high.

I say we keep the border open to tourists, but closed to all immigrants. When our economy recovers, we allow folks in that have the skills our people need. No more quotas, if we need doctors, nurses, teachers, engineers, etc. Let them in.

But if you look at wages as a function of labor supply and demand, then keeping the border open keeps all our wages down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts