Boortz on VT Shooting

Discussion in 'In the News' started by GAGunOwner, Apr 16, 2007.

1. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

http://boortz.com/nuze/index.html

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I wish he had linked to articles about the three examples . . .

3. pro2am

pro2am New Member

I see I'm gonna need headphones at work tomorrow.

I've heard about the VP confronting a student, in American Rifleman I believe. The other two I have no clue. It would have been nice to see some links.

4. Foul

Foul New Member

5. kkennett

kkennett New Member

I certainly share his thoughts. A few students in the room with guns of their own would have mitigated this carnage for sure.

6. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Anyone from GC calling Boortz today?

Just wondering if anyone from GC will be taking advantage of the opportunity to call into the Boortz show today? I thought it might be an opportune time to have an erudite conversation with someone that is on the same wave length, with lots of band width.

7. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Interesting this point came up. My fiance asked me whether if I was in that class, and we were allowed to by university policy, would it have made a difference. She also asked that if a person with a GFL would be able ot make a difference or not. Would that person actually be able to rid the threat or add to it.

I of course explained to her the rationality we all share here on this site and the difference it surely would have made. People still may have died, however the number of how many deceased may have been decreased.

The situation is easy to analyze after, however there is a split second to react. She agreed after hearing the explanations I provided. It is a different world in America.

8. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

Re: Anyone from GC calling Boortz today?

Good Luck with that!

I have tried calling Neal on several occassions about gun issues only to get snubbed by Belinda because the show was "Nationally Syndicated". Whatever the hell that means....

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Nationally syndicated means it is broadcast through several stations throughout the nation. I don't see why that matters in regards to your situation, though.

10. pro2am

pro2am New Member

My point was that it was his choice to talk about the gun issue, and he is clearly on the same side we are in terms of seeing the logic of allowing someone to protect themselves with a gun, so I don't think he or Belinda would have turned away calls on a subject that he chose to talk about.

Oh well. That was yesterday.

11. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I don't like Belinda. Lame name too.

12. pro2am

pro2am New Member

I guess he is taking calls today also...at least he was this morning. Taking a lot of heat apparently for his views and discussing them "so soon after..."

13. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I went over to GlockTalk last night and someone brought up the fact that the caliber wars are now over because the shooter used a .22 and 9mm and it ended up being the worst mass shooting in US history. He got flamed to death because people said "too soon!"

The truth is the truth; regardless of if we talk about it two seconds after it happening or two years.

In my not so humble opinion a large portion of the posting community on GlockTalk are a bunch of douche bags. Between the overzealous mods and the asshat posters I can't stand it over there.

Thus ends my rant about GlockTalk.

14. Foul

Foul New Member

Not true...just ask the Branch Davidians, or any Confederate.

But those were government sanctioned.

15. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

This one was indirectly government sanctioned.

16. Foul

Foul New Member

True. Students and staff were turned to USDA grade sheep.