Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
997 Posts
I am a public school kid... Now I did hate school, got in one fight but she started it and I finished it (i swear to this day I did not scratch her to hard enough to make her bleed but I will own up to the broken ribs). I did not get suspended and the judge when we went to court(you have to when you fight in NC) told me way to go for sticking up for myself when this girl tormented me for a year and tried to kill me. Of course this same girl's mom said she was just too hard to control. Now the same girl is in jail for armed robbery. Maybe if I had been homeschooled I wouldn't have had this happen but this is the turning point for my life... before this everyone pushed me around and I always assumed bad things don't happen to good people in "safe places". Now I know the poo can hit the fan anywhere and you have to be prepared.

Now my mom who is an educator beat the tar out of me one time for riding my bike thru her garden and then when I tried the, well I will call DFACS thing she picked up the phone and dialed.

I think schools should go back to spanking personally. I still don't think homeschooling is the way to go... Public school made me tough, and taught me how to "read" people. If I hadn't been in public school I would not have learned how to coexist with folks not like me.

· Registered
220 Posts
merlock said:
"If you spank me, I can call 911 and get you put in jail!"
My son tried this several years back, I took him to the local Juvinal Court and let him speak to the prosecutor. He directed my son to the laws that said that if he didn't do as his parents told him, then he could be put in jail for disobedience. He also informed my son that if any marks were left from said spanking as long as they were between the back of the knee and lower back (backside) then the state would do nothing as it would be considered a proper spanking.

· Banned
6,624 Posts
merlock said:
And, I think it goes back to the public schools...

When my youngest daughter came home (3rd day of kindergarten), she breathlessly ran up to me and said, "Daddy, guess what I learned today?"

"And, what is that?"

:banghead:

"Well, I'll tell you what little girl...you go and do something that you absolutely KNOW will get you a spanking. And after you call 911 and when I get out of jail, you'll really know what a spanking is! " :evil:

Nothing else was ever said about that again. :)
:evil: It's that sort of indoctrination that pisses me off. :evil:

· Professional Troll
2,354 Posts
maddog said:
merlock said:
My son tried this several years back, I took him to the local Juvinal Court and let him speak to the prosecutor. He directed my son to the laws that said that if he didn't do as his parents told him, then he could be put in jail for disobedience. He also informed my son that if any marks were left from said spanking as long as they were between the back of the knee and lower back (backside) then the state would do nothing as it would be considered a proper spanking.
Corporal Punishment :righton:

See O.C.G.A.
16-3-20
16-5-20
16-5-23

· Registered
633 Posts
AV8R said:
merlock said:
And, I think it goes back to the public schools...

When my youngest daughter came home (3rd day of kindergarten), she breathlessly ran up to me and said, "Daddy, guess what I learned today?"

"And, what is that?"

:banghead:

"Well, I'll tell you what little girl...you go and do something that you absolutely KNOW will get you a spanking. And after you call 911 and when I get out of jail, you'll really know what a spanking is! " :evil:

Nothing else was ever said about that again. :)
:evil: It's that sort of indoctrination that pisses me off. :evil:
As a public school employee, I have never heard that being part of the curriculum. Perhaps the kids overheard another classmate say something like that. But as far as saying a teacher taught that...I would find that to be a stretch. If that were true, then the teacher needs to be fired IMHO. The big thing that I feel is being poured down the kids throat as far as indoctrination goes is Global Warming. The "huggers" have made sure that is the "Gospel" truth in the classroom.

· Registered
997 Posts
In our high school we read a prominent book from each religion and learned a little about them historically but we were not learning jihad...

example for buddhism we read siddhartha and did a unit on it
jewish was the eli wisel book about the concentration camps that for the life of me i can't think of the name of.

it was for my english class so it mostly focused on literature and how religion shaped the writers..

· Registered
633 Posts
glockgirl said:
In our high school we read a prominent book from each religion and learned a little about them historically but we were not learning jihad...

example for buddhism we read siddhartha and did a unit on it
jewish was the eli wisel book about the concentration camps that for the life of me i can't think of the name of.

it was for my english class so it mostly focused on literature and how religion shaped the writers..
When I used to teach World History or Western Civilization as it is called in other areas, I usually taught a unit on the major religions very early in the class. Having an understanding of the religions helps students have an understanding of how these beliefs have played a major role in the history of the world. It was a non-biased look at these religions. We mainly covered the major beliefs, the important folks, a little history behind them. Trust me though....we were not facing west on a carpet praying to Allah.

What they are doing in TPR of Kalifornia is IMHO against the law. Having students engage in prayer....even mock prayer goes against church and state. How would they react if I decided to have a mock mass and communion in the classes that I taught? I would have been fired......
But once again another double standard by the Libtards that are involved in education.

I am no longer in a regular classroom setting.....and I am thankful for that.

· Registered
6,172 Posts
Some of the stuff being taught is a little over the top, but I seriously doubt the story about CA kids putting on a make-believe jihad is accurate. Based on other stuff I've read in that publication, I'm guessing the story got twisted quite a bit to make it sound far worse than it really is. They're more in the business of getting people stirred up than in simply informing them.

On a personal note, grandson came home from kindergarten and was visiting us. He did something and I poked him (gently) in the ribs. He got terribly upset and said that was "bad touching". His class had just been taught all about "good" vs. "bad" touching. It took a bit for my daughter to calm him down as he was afraid Granddad was going to jail.

Good teachers know it, but not everyone realizes kids tend to take things literally because they don't have the life experiences to allow them to separate the fly shit from the pepper...

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.