Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
69,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://blogs.ajc.com/bob-barr-blog/2010 ... _barr_blog

. . . for every traveler who realizes that a full body scan or physical body search conducted after they already passed a weapons and explosives detection device, adds little if anything to their safety, there are others who shrug that, “if it makes us safer, well, that’s the price we have to pay.†And for every citizen who understands that the Fourth Amendment prohibits the government from conducting an intrusive search of one’s persons and possessions without any suspicion they’ve done anything wrong, there’s another who accedes to such searches, because they “have nothing to hide.â€

Recent polls indicate an air passenger rebellion is brewing . . .

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I flew last week, after the media noise about these new pat-downs and body scanners started. I didn't get to try, though - my experience was no different than in the past. Had my bag x-rayed, was waved through a metal detector (by a bored-looking agent in Savannah, and a talkative agent in Seattle), and went on my way.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
ChipM said:
I flew last week, after the media noise about these new pat-downs and body scanners started. I didn't get to try, though - my experience was no different than in the past. Had my bag x-rayed, was waved through a metal detector (by a bored-looking agent in Savannah, and a talkative agent in Seattle), and went on my way.
last time i flew from ATL to PNS i got the same wave around, and i remember wondering what that machine was, no one told me what it was and that i could opt out, this was back in june of this year and i'm glad i got the wave around, because i would of been pissed!

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
I'll be flying out to TX in a few weeks. I'll be "opting out." No doubt about it. I'm going to give them a lot of hell and hopefully I can stay strong through the government strong-arming, intimidation, and show of force.

·
Registered
757 Posts
it's unfortunate that things are like this now, TSA is getting away with slot. The last I flew was in 2003, I was only 16 at the time and flying to Canada by myself. I guess I was the special one who got pulled to the side and had to take off my shoes and socks and I thought that was a bit excessive.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I'd planned to opt out if I got pulled last week in ATL or PGH. Both times though, the folks before and after me were pulled for the scanner but I was waved through. Guess I look more honest than a nun, a 4 year old or an elderly man with a urine bag :roll:

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Saxby is going to get to the bottom of it.
Dear Madam Secretary:

I write today in regards to the Transportation Security Administration’s (TSA) recent announcement of the implementation of new pat-down procedures at checkpoints nationwide. While I recognize the importance of rigorous screening to ensure the safety and security of air travel, some questions have arisen as to the nature of these procedures and their invasiveness.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts