Boat

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by jato, Jun 27, 2016.

1. jato

jato New Member

Over the weekend we took a ride to Red Top mountain and saw a lot of boats. My wife said "we should go boat shopping". I kind of blew if off as her being intoxicated by the sunshine and doors being off the Jeep.

Today she sends me a email that says "apparently we can get a nice boat for $15K". She is serious, she wants a GD boat! The last boat we had was many years ago and she hated it. It was a 17' Cobia Odyssey with 120hp inboard. She said it was too bouncy. I ended up giving it to a friend.

So what should I do? What (used) boat would you recommend? I not event really sure I want a boat, you know that 2 good days thing. The day you buy it and the day you sell it.

I think aliens have abducted my wife and replaced her with a double. First the Jeep now a boat. She never wants anything.

2. AzB

AzB Well-Known Member

I think you should get another boat and then when you decide you don't want it anymore you should give it to me.

Az

3. wee

wee Active Member

I have always heard it's cheaper to just rent one when you want to go boating than it is to buy one.....? Might look inot that first.

Brian

4. tsangster

tsangster Member

Always heard that boat was an acronym for Bring On Another Thousand.

5. Solomon_G

Solomon_G New Member

Bayliners are nice...gotta love those Mercury's. :)

OR

Tell her you were thinking ...Motorcycle. :smile:

6. Paladin

Paladin Fattus Patrickus

I agree that owning a boat for the occasional weekend outing seems a little silly. I'm a fairly serious fisherman, so I love my boat, and wouldn't give it up for anything.

Perhaps your wife is not so subtly telling you she'd like to spend more days outdoors?

7. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

Just be careful. Beware of having a tragic boating accident...

8. jato

jato New Member

You know she was talking about special accident insurance:help:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  9. jato

jato New Member

[​IMG]
    Unfortunately the motorcycle does needs a carb rebuild, but I really don't ever see myself riding it again, for physical reasons. When it was in it's stock form sometimes she used to ride on the back. There was this long stretch of secluded divided highway with no exit or entry spots were we used to live, when she would bang on my helmet and hold on tight that meant she wanted to go really fast, and I mean really fast.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  10. jato

jato New Member

You know that's not a bad idea, even if it's to see if she really likes it.

11. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

B.ust
    O.ut
    A.nother
    T.housand

12. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

Especially money in the bank.

13. Suburbbus

Suburbbus Well-Known Member

Break out another thousand also.

14. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

You will be in the same "boat" as me.
    You have a jeep (Just Empty Every Pocket) and a boat.

15. MedicOxford

MedicOxford New Member

The best 2 days of your life...the day you purchase a boat and then the day you sell it...

16. janedoedad

janedoedad Liver Abuser

“A boat is a hole in the water into which you pour moneyâ€

17. jlcnuke

jlcnuke New Member

There's an old saying:

If it floats, flies, or farts (maybe not farts?).... rent it....

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  18. psrumors

psrumors Well-Known Member

We rent a boat three or four times a summer and find that is plenty of boating for us

Want to sell it?

19. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy Member

I just got a jetski, it rocks. So friggin fast. I can pass anything except a gas station. Low maintenance, easy to tow. Did I say it was fast....?

250HP, Supercharged, 0-30 in 2sec, 0-60 in 4 Sec. Hit 75 last weekend.

Real question is do you live close to a lake you enjoy. I.E. Do you live where you'll really use it?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  20. awanatech

awanatech Well-Known Member

If I lived close enough to water, I'd love to have a jetski. Used to ride many years ago. We talked about going camping at GA Veteran's State Park and renting from their marina. I think it's something my boys would enjoy, to do something different (non-electroni). When I mentioned it to a coworker, he told me he has one I can use most anytime, as long as I'll take a look at the oil leak he has on it. I didn't even realize he had one. Needless to say, he's bringing it to work tomorrow for me to bring home and take a look at.