Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 BMW K1200S for sale. I'm the original owner and have put 51,000 responsible adult miles on it. That's nothing for a Beemer. The bike was purchased new locally and has been serviced by that dealer since. Original options include ESA electronic suspension, ABS brakes, the BMW system cases (saddlebags), and heated grips. Aftermarket mods include an MRA tinted windshield, a Leo Vince carbon fiber exhaust, and an HID headlight.

The bike is NOT a trailer queen and has some of the typical small cosmetic blems you'd expect from a bike which has been ridden almost daily for 6 years. Still, it's a beautiful bike which looks good and is in excellent mechanical condition. It's ready to ride anywhere and has fresh tires. If you don't know these bikes, they are sick fast, feel more like middleweight sportbikes than sport-tourers, and have some of the best brakes ever on a bike. It's the sort of bike where you can ride it all day and be comfortable, or go to the mountains and embarrass youngins who think they know how to ride. I'd love to keep it but deteriorating back and elbow problems mean I need to move to something with a more upright seating position.

I'm asking $7650 or best offer. I can be reached on my cell at 678-851-9690 or by email at [email protected]

**EDIT** See the last post in this thread. If I can sell this by Thursday I can make a deal work for a bike I found, also at a steal. $5800 until Thursday, then I have to go back up and be patient.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Re: BMW sport/touring bike FS

Oh Geez......

Every since I sold my Goldwing I have wanted to get a sport/tourer.

I am staying away from this ad, and WILL NOT look at it any more!! :D

This is a great bike, and a good deal.

Good luck with the sale.

Jerry

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Oh come on... you can hear it calling your name...

:wink:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Oh come on guys. It's going to be a nice weekend in the Atlanta area, great weather for me to deliver a bike or for someone to get the feel of a new baby.

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,722 Posts

that is my favorite BMW cycle...although id love to have the new S1000RR its faster than my Busa...these are pretty quick too ive heard but ive never driven one

·
Registered
441 Posts

Hazzbin said:
Oh come on guys. It's going to be a nice weekend in the Atlanta area, great weather for me to deliver a bike or for someone to get the feel of a new baby.
My wife would kill me, but I love the bike! It would look great parked next to my 328i.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thanks for the kind words about the bike guys, it really is an exceptional machine. Like I said, I'd love to keep it but it's just becoming painful to ride.

rmodel65, I've ridden the S100RR and it's just scary, especially with the traction control turned off. 181 HP at the rear wheel and 408 pounds... pretty wicked. Unfortunately, while the RR has a very comfortable seating position fora true sportbike, it's more aggressive than mine and wouldn't work. Also, there are plenty of comparisons between my bike and the Busa. Forget the drag strip and dynos, the K bike is every inch the Busa in roll on power tests.

SYN ACK, just let me know where you are and I'll buzz over to see how it looks next to your car. ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: BMW sport/touring bike FS *more pics added*

Bump for new photographs.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts

Hazzbin said:
Bump for new photographs.
C'mon man,,,,

You really have to stop. NO MORE PICTURES!!!!!!!!! please.......

This is a fantastic bike, and a great price. Somebody should snap this up!!!

I really hope you sell this soon. Perfect riding weather is here.

Jerry

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Again thanks for your kind words but the truth is that these are great times to be buying stuff and lousy times to be selling anything. My bike IS a great bike and is a fair deal... not a giveaway but not a rip. A lot of the people selling bikes are looking for suckers, not buyers. My bike is the best priced current model K bike for sale in the area. I've had it on craigslist, georgia sportbike and cycletrader for 3 weeks, and on here since last week. With the exception of the guy in London who wanted to end me a bank check and have his shipping agent pick it up (yeah, riiiight), I've had zero calls or emails. Yep, zero, not a single one. I can't imagine that the ones which are no nicer and priced $2-4K more than mine are generating interest either, but who knows.

I was in Atlanta Moto World a couple of weeks ago and had one of the salesmen tell me they'd sold 2 bikes in the month of January. I think that's a pretty good indication of how the economy is going, even though I keep hearing that we're out of the hard times and in a recovery. Don't get me started on that one.

Then again, maybe it's just the crap weather. I'd like to think that with this week in the 60's, maybe I'll start getting calls. Until then I'll keep riding it and hoping to hear something from someone. Other than my back and one shoulder killing me when I get to work or home, it's still an absolute blast.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts

Bikes always sell better the warmer the weather. People want instant gratification nowadays, so when they buy a bike they want to be able to ride all the time right then.

Nice bike at a nice price.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

$7400

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay, I know this seems like desperation but I have the opportunity to get what I want for a steal, so I'm dropping my price... a lot. I've lowered my price on craigslist to $6450 OBO but the real bottom number I can take is $5800 to make this deal work. Otherwise I'll have to go back up to the higher asking price and and be patient.

So anyway, $5800 if bought by Thursday. That's a steal guys, so somebody steal my Beemer.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hazzbin said:
Sold!!!

And replaced with this...

I must ask, is that what you call a more upright seating position due to your deteriating back and poor elbow?
What kind of fuel mileage do the Bmw's get? My Honda is really disappointing me in that area.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That particular Duc is totally upright, it has pretty much the same ergos as a dirt bike. It's also 150 pounds lighter and requires no effort into the corners. Now that I'm no longer traveling long distances by bike it's prefect for me... sporty and fun but easy on the body. By the end I was uncomfortable riding the Beemer 6 miles to work. Hours at a time on the Duc and so far I've had no problems at all.

The Beemer was good for 45 mpg on the highway and as low as 22 around town. So far the Duc gets 36 on the highway and 32 around town.

Me on the Duc Sunday on Mt. Cheaha near Talledega, Alabama last Sunday.

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,722 Posts
what kind of driving were you doing to get 22 mpg around town....the least i ever got on the busa was 29 around town and the most was 45mpg on the road

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
rmodel65 said:
what kind of driving were you doing to get 22 mpg around town....the least i ever got on the busa was 29 around town and the most was 45mpg on the road
January rush hour commutes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts