Bloomberg's straw purchases

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by jmorin, May 21, 2006.

1. jmorin

jmorin New Member

Sorry if I missed discussion of this in an earlier thread, but I am fuming :x at Mayor Bloomberg's tactics of illegal straw purchases at various gun stores in several states, including some here in GA (Adv. Outdoors being one).

You can catch up on all of it at one of my favorite pro-2A blogs, War On Guns:

http://waronguns.blogspot.com/

I sent our Attorney General a letter and I encourage all of you to do the same. Not sure if it will help but you never know. Here's a copy of my leter:

May 22, 2006

Office of the Attorney General of Georgia
    Mr. Thurbert E. Baker
    40 Capitol Square, SW
    Atlanta, GA 30334

Dear Mr. Baker:

As a resident and law-abiding gun owner of Georgia, I am outraged at the illegal straw purchases may by an “investigative team†assembled at the behest of Mayor Bloomberg of New York City.

Mayor Bloomberg continuously attacks the civil liberties of law-abiding gun owners in this country and has taken upon himself to destroy these liberties by targeting gun stores in the Southeast, including Adventure Outdoors located in Smyrna. In order to gain publicity for his anti-gun campaign he knowingly conspired and planned illegal straw purchases at these gun stores and violated federal law.

I ask: What is the authority of private individuals from New York to conspire to break, and then actually violate, federal gun purchase laws and the laws of other states?

Mayor Bloomberg’s out-of-touch viewpoints are a threat to all law-abiding gun owners in Georgia as well as law-abiding legitimate businesses in Georgia.

I urge you to launch an investigation into these illicit tactics that were performed to support Bloomberg’s frivolous lawsuits of these Georgia businesses.

Thank you for your attention into this matter.

Sincerely,

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator