Bloomberg 'stings' made felonies in VA!

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by Wiley, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Wiley

Wiley New Member

2. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

I was thinking about this sort of thing the other day as I was reading an article about Bloomberg in my copy of America's 1st Freedom. Seems like the sort of thing that could get politians fired up. Who likes some self righteous mayor in another state violating Federal law in order to exert control over the citizens of our state? Certainly not our politians. After all we're their subjects not his. :D

3. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Wouldn't it be impressive if Georgia followed suit with a similar law. Course that Ga shop that signed the agreement would still be screwed I guess...

4. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

If a law was created to criminalize the sharing of personnal information acquired by a dealer during a firearms purchase with anyone other than LEOs conducting a criminal investigation or in compliance with federal firearms statutes, I would think it would render an agreements void. I seem to recall something to that effect from a business law class I once had.

5. Wiley

Wiley New Member

I'd like to see Bloomberg do another 'sting' and the feds hit him and NYC with a RICO charge. The feds have already told him knock it off.

6. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Did they?

I thought they were still "investigating" it.

7. Wiley

Wiley New Member

I can't remember where I saw it. THR, maybe.

The ATF wrote the Bloomberg gang a letter and one of NYC's lawyers(?) basicly wrote back telling the ATF to pound sand that NYC was going to do what it wanted.

8. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I read about ATF's letter, did not hear about any NYC response.

Shows how stupid NYC lawyers are. #-o

Never Ever (ever, ever, ever) is it a good idea to taunt the federal government. Taunting the ATF is like taunting a rabid dog to bite. :shattered: