Blocking the Left Lane

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Malum Prohibitum, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Drives me nuts.

http://www.ajc.com/Metro/content/shared ... _ohno.html

2. blind_shake

blind_shake Well-Known Member

Ya but my question is WTF did MARK say that [email protected]#$& everyone off so much. Its not posted so they must have taken it down. Anyone see it?

By Sierra

July 30, 2007 1:54 PM | Link to this

Mark What a stupid, racist, idiotic moron you are!!! Dude, what??! Traffic has not a DAMN thing any one minority group. Stupid must grow on trees in the ATL.

Un-freakin-believable.

:rotfl2:

3. M249

M249 New Member

How many people are killed in non-suicide related firearms incidents each year in metro Atlanta?

If my guess is right, and it is less than those stated above, why is nobody screaming about car control?

4. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Because car accidents have never hurt children, since they can't drive. Think of the children!

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I hate slow people in the left lane...I wish I could shoot out their tires.

6. Brian618

Brian618 New Member

If you practice more you may be able to :shoot: :lol:

7. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

I'll admit it. I drive fast. I'm not going to stop driving fast any time soon. Given that I am going to drive fast, the safest thing those being approached (and then being passed) can do is 1 don't be in the way and 2 don't dart into the way. The left lane should always be yielded to faster traffic. If you see it coming in time you (and I) should move out of the way, and don't get back over there until you are passing the car in front of you. But, please, do NOT dart in front of a passing car for any reason. It's up to the passing driver to find a safe way by. Let them.

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

At least give the dude in the left lane enough time to get around traffic and get over before getting all up his arse. :oops:

9. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Why just the tires?

I think there should be a bounty on people driving slowly in the left lane. If they can't get out of the way quickly enough, it should be OK to shoot!

People who hog that lane are just being lazy, selfish and inconsiderate. They also slow down traffic and make driving more dangerous for everyone else.

By driving in that lane at the speed which is comfortable for them, they don't have to be concerned about people slowing them down. If a driver wants to do 65 or 70 in the right lanes around here, there will almost always be someone in front doing 64 or 69. However, that doesn't happen in the left lane. Ergo, it's a more convenient and comfortable place to drive. Especially, if your convenience and comfort are more important to you than showing courtesy and consideration to everyone else.

Like I said....... a bounty on them!!!

What I find irritating almost as much as people driving too slowly in the left lane are those who are there only for passing, but with cruise control set. If they're passing a slightly slower vehicle, it can take a while and can stack up several vehicles behind them. Apparently, these people don't understand they can step on the gas pedal and pass a little more quickly, thereby freeing up the left lane.

Arghh!!!!!!!! People!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

I pretty much agree.

My only exceptions: If I am on a multi-laned interstate (like I-75, etc) and I'm in one of the middle lanes (ie - there are lanes to both my left AND right), then you can bloody well go around me. You have plenty of choice.

Also...the HOV lane does not stand for "High Octane Vehicle". It is NOT the "fast lane". And no, I will not move over if we are in the HOV lane and you think you are Dale Earnhart... 8)

11. blind_shake

blind_shake Well-Known Member

They need to post signs that say, "drive with the flow of traffic". Then they can ticket slow drivers holding up traffic and speeders who think that sign means drive as fast as you want. Before any legaleez guys are going to argue this point let me go ahead and say that we already DO drive with the flow of traffic. Anybody ever go 55 mph on I285... ever? So if the GSP could ticket the slow drivers (not just under 45 mph but those not keeping up with everyone else) as well as the speeders then it would make the roads that much more safer and efficient. Just my :2cents:

12. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

You'd need a spiritual medium to get a "yes" answer to this.

13. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:oops: At least I wasn't in the left lane, just the second lane from the right because of stuff turning to exit only and mergin traffic.

14. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Children can't carry guns either.

:wink:

15. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Sorry my car is slow and 18 years old. :shock: I usually just don't get over there in the first place. If I end up being late, it's because I didn't leave early enough usually.

200 miles @ 80 mph takes 2 hours 30 minutes

200 miles @ 70 mph takes 2 hours 52 minutes

I'll just leave 25 minutes earlier. The shorter the trip, the smaller the difference in time compared to the difference in speed is. Not to mention gas usage. 38 MPG on a longer trip (~325 miles) averaging about 72.

Everyone else can do what they want.

Fly by me if you want. I'll just see you in 20 minutes, or at the next traffic jam, whichever comes first. Usually the latter. :D

16. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member

If my wife is either in the car or driving, we will be going no faster than 55!!! :cry:

17. gtmatt

gtmatt Member

Yes, whenever I'm on it. I lived in Atlanta for 5 years going to Tech, and always drove 55 on the interstates inside the perimeter. Why? Because it's the law. And yes, I had several unpleasant experiences with people driving dangerously around me or getting mad about my speed. Can't say I felt bad about it, given I was obeying the law, and there were plenty of other lanes (to the left of me) for them to be in if they wanted to break it.

I fail to understand why people think it's okay to drive over the speed limit at whatever speed they choose.

Matt

18. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member

I usually drive no faster than 10mph over the posted limit on the interstate!

19. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

That's my rule of thumb in most cases. I made the trip from Baltimore to Atlanta in 9.5 hours overnight doing 10 over and stopping only once for gas and food.

20. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

:roll: Logic has no place in this discussion. :roll:

blind_shake:
    I've often gone 55 on 285. Half the time I'm on it, I'm probably not averaging more than 15 :(