Blade-Tech Holster

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by lowside, Aug 5, 2007.

1. lowside

lowside New Member

I'm looking for a good IWB holster for my CZ SP-01 and so far I'm leaning towards the Blade-Tech UCH. Does anyone have any experience with this holster or Blade-Tech holsters in general? Any other recommendations for holsters?

Thanks in advance!

2. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I have the UCH for a Ruger P95. It works well as long as I have on a good belt or it will rotate on me some as it has only one attachment point.

3. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

[edited: see below]

4. lowside

lowside New Member

[Edited per budder's request.]

I look forward to hearing what you think of the actual product though since I haven't found a whole lot of holster options for the SP-01.

5. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

I carry IWB and the best IMHO is the Versa Max II. If you like, you can check them out here: www.miltsparks.com

6. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

I don't know much about the pistol you are speaking of but Comp-Tac CTAC lists compatible with CZ P-01. If this is the same pistol then I would look at it. I just received mine for my Glock 30 and love it. I wore it all day yesterday with minimal discomfort. The only reason it bothered me at all was because I didn't have a shirt on "under it" and my Glock grips kept rubbing agains my spare tire. I lowered the rig to the lowest setting and the gun slipped very nicely into my waistband. I am usually paranoid someone will see my CC gun printing but didn't feel that way with this at all.

http://www.comp-tac.com

7. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

+1 on the comp-tac. I have the Infidel, which is nice because you can choose between clips, belt loop snaps, etc.

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

9. budder

lowside, this will be my first Blade-Tech, but I can tell you that Comp-tac makes an outstanding product. Also, they're located in Spring, TX, so if you're ever in the area, you can drive there and check out their operation.

10. M249

M249 New Member

I just ordered a Dakota Defender IWB from K&D Holsters. I needed something tuckable, and the price was excellent, but the 12-week wait not so much...

11. lowside

lowside New Member

Nope unfortunately the P-01 is the compact model so it's not the same gun. The SP-01 is much closer to the CZ-75B in size and shape. Come to think of it, a holster for the 75 may well fit. Guess it's time to head down to the shop to try it.

The Comp-Tac stuff looks pretty nice, but I didn't see anything specifically for the SP-01. Guess I'll shoot them an email and see if they have anything that'll fit.

Also I appreciate all the feedback, I hate buying anything like this sight unseen but good recommendations from people in the know make the process a lot smoother 8)

12. lowside

lowside New Member

CZ-75 SP-01

For anyone who's curious: http://www.cz-usa.com/product_detail.php?id=73

It's a great gun, bit on the big/heavy side for CCW but what the hell. I figure if i get fed up with carrying it then i have an excuse to go buy a new gun... :lol:

13. budder

Okay, to amend my previous post (also, lowside, I'd appreciate if you removed my quoted post from your earlier post):

I sent Blade-Tech an email last Wednesday explaining the situation and why I felt they had not honored their word. I asked that they cancel the order or upgrade the shipping, neither of which they did.

However, Saturday morning, an overnighted package appeared on my door at home, unfortunately too late for the class (since I was staying in Carrolton), but it looks like Balde-tech did try to make me happy, though they never contacted me about it. The real failure here was FedEx. The package that says on it "Deliver by 03AUG07" did not make it until the day after. I am very upset with FedEx about that. However, this holster is great and it's hard to tell if I'm carrying, other than the S-hook on the belt.

I would like to say that I fully approve of Blade-tech, and when I've gotten a chance to really test this hostler out (with tucked shirts 8)), I will post a more thorough review. But for now: the Kydex is thin for concealment, but seems pretty sturdy. The tension is adjusted by a phillips head screw, so it's a lot easier to adjust than my Comp-tac stuff. There is a correctly-sized sweat guard on it, which I may decide to remove, but will leave on for now. The holster is fairly comfortable, though I've only worn it for about half an hour.

[​IMG]

14. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

IWB holsters will be more and more comfortable after time. Sometimes it doesn't feel right when I don't have mine now. 8)

15. lowside

lowside New Member

No problem budder , I've gone ahead and edited the post. Glad to hear that you got things resolved happily :).

Also glad to hear you like the product so far and look forward to your in depth review. It definately conceals well with the shirt tucked in there, thanks for the pic!

16. budder

I didn't wear it out to the restaurant we went to tonight for my mom's birthday, since they serve alcohol. However, if I had, I think I would have found that it works well at keeping the gun close to my body, unless I was leaning forward a little, in which case the gun would hypothetically poke out a bit at the top. I think I might have also found that with only one contact point on the belt, it moves around a bit and could stand to have another clip for stability. Furthermore, I think that if I had bloused my shirt a bit more than in that picture, no one would have ever suspected that I was carrying, other than the fact that my gun would probably have jumped out of the holster (which has good retention!) and shot up the place*.

I think this was a good purchase, though I will have to come up with a way to anchor the holster better, especially if I will be doing a lot of standing and sitting. When standing, I don't have a problem with comfort, though I do notice it when reclining in my computer chair a bit more than my OWB (carrying at about 4:30). It's not uncomfortable, but it's a little more than just noticeable, if that makes sense. Remind me in 6 months to post about reliability.

*Brady Campaign to Stop Handgun Violence

17. lowside

lowside New Member

Thanks for your hypothetical assessment budder. I'm glad your potential carry experience might have gone so well (except for the inevitable holster jumping). I think there is a distinct possibility that I might be ordering one of these for myself in the near future. :wink:

18. budder

:) Worst case scenario, it helps you build that box of holsters that we all have.

Also, I've linked this thread to the Blade-tech rep that was so helpful, so it's time to bash my character and show her that I'm an all-around terrible person ;) If you guys ever have any trouble with Blade-tech, I hope you also get Ms. J.

19. lowside

lowside New Member

:lol:

True, though my fiancee is going to kill me if that box get's too big... :help: