Blackhawk Serpa Sig P226R

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by futureusr, Jan 15, 2011.

1. futureusr

futureusr A Typical Cat

Picked up a Blackhawk Serpa Concealment holster yesterday at Patrick's and all I can say is awesome! It was a toss up between the Sig branded level 2 holster and the Serpa. Had the nice young man at Patricks pull a range P226R out for me and tried em both. The fit and feel of the Serpa was quality, well the Sig seemed quality also but after talking to the fellow behind the counter I decided to go with the Serpa. Very very pleased. If you were on the fence about one then you would not be disappointed IMO.

2. dunkel

dunkel New Member

Yeah, I went over to the Serpa Side about a month ago. I really didn't want to. I like carrying in leather. But dang, it's convenient, secure, comfortable and so on.

3. SGT_Calle

SGT_Calle New Member

I agree. I really like to carry my XD45C in the BlackHawk SERPA. I prefer the paddle attachment rather than the belt attachment. Easy on and off and very secure. While I wait on my custom leather I am really enjoying my BlackHawk.

4. ookoshi

ookoshi Moderator

I have one too, and what's super nice is that my P220 and P226 fit the same Serpa holster, so it was 1 less holster for me to buy.

5. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

A Sig P226 is a large handgun to be concealing. :D

I conceal my P229 pretty well, though, so I'm guessing with the right clothes it would be easy just to conceal, but I find its kind of uncomfortable at times. I don't know if you'll find that out yourself or not. Even my P229 is just a big, heavy gun, and its a good bit smaller than the P226.

6. ookoshi

ookoshi Moderator

When I really want to conceal I use a Zookeeper custom holster, which is well made enough it makes the P220/226 (they both fit) feel very comfortable while concealed.

7. futureusr

futureusr A Typical Cat

The 226 is for open carry, winter concealed carry and is just an all around joy to shoot. I have a 239 I use for concealed carry.

8. dunkel

dunkel New Member

I use my Serpa for OC with the paddle attachment, not the belt loop piece. For OC, it's bellyband all the way.

9. William

William Member

10. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

The uncomfortable part may have more to do with my back problem then it actually does the customer RGrizzle holster that I carry it in when I conceal. OC is just more comfortable on my back.

11. DTMeek

DTMeek New Member

I just bought a serpa for my Beretta 92FS for open carry, just waiting for it to come in the mail. I can't wait to see how it feels and it's functionality.