Blackberry as Flashlight

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by ChipM, Sep 29, 2010.

1. ChipM

ChipM Active Member

Not sure if this is the appropriate forum to discuss EDC flashlights, but I discovered a cool feature of the Blackberry phones that is worth noting:

Those with a video camera have a setting in the video camera options that allow you to turn on the camera light (still-camera flash) for video recording. So, with this setting enabled then any time you turn on the video camera, you have a very bright little flashlight!

One less thing to carry in your pockets now.

2. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

just get the app that allows the flash to work by itself as a flashlight. problem = solved

3. ChipM

ChipM Active Member

My way seems easier. Link to the app?

4. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

blackberry app world......... its in your phone.

5. Puffyfish

Puffyfish New Member

Android phones solved this long ago. Crackberry users will always be behind the curve. We can write an app and have it on the market the same day it's finished. Crackberry and Iphone users cannot do this.

6. Aberk

Aberk Custom User Title

As an Android user and fan of open source...there are ups and downs to both sides.

7. Puffyfish

Puffyfish New Member

Crackberry's have an upside? Not all Android apps are super cool but, you could not give me a Crackberry.
    You can shut every one in the country down with the push of two buttons. :screwy:
    Try that with Android, cannot happen.

8. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

Now you just need to attach a tactical bezel to the end of it.

9. ChipM

ChipM Active Member

I'm in a different camp. My organization issues blackberry, and I allow it as I need a phone.

10. mrtopher1980

mrtopher1980 New Member

Same can be done with the iphone 4 which has a flash. Put it in video mode and it stays on, it is fairly bright and have used it many times as a flash light. No reason to get even a free app.