BlackAmericaWeb - DC Gun Ban Must Be Upheld!

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

http://www.blackamericaweb.com/site.asp ... gmathis720

By Judge Greg Mathis :roll:

2. Malum Prohibitum

:shock:
    Hey, at least he is honest. :lol:

3. Malum Prohibitum

Now, in DC, people are not often forced to defend themselves against attackers, I guess? :D

4. Malum Prohibitum

The intellectual fireapower of this piece is extraordinary.

5. ahlongslide

ahlongslide New Member

then automobiles should be banned first... take 'em out in order.

6. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

Where is his data to back up his claims?

7. ahlongslide

ahlongslide New Member

When you are a judge you don't need data to back anything up... you are omniscient... you back yourself up.

8. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Not to mention that outright lies, misinformation, and soundbites are gospel when told to the general public on TV or Radio. There's no room for the truth when the audience are idiots.

9. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

I just started rereading an older, but very good book on the subject of gun control and its impact on America. It's Wayne LaPierre's Guns, Crime and Freedom. An exceptional read if you haven't read it yet.

10. Malum Prohibitum

11. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I love how that phrase on the one hand sounds tragic, yet when you think about what it actually means, it is neither profound nor tragic.

The comparison being made is that of Unintentional Deaths from Motor Vehicles to the intentional death of someone else (homicide) or themself(suicide) for 15-24 year olds.

It is key that the age range be limited there because as a person gets older, 2 things seem to happen... the number of intentional deaths goes down while the number of deaths by various diseases rise.

The biggest flaw of that line of reasoning is that they think making the posession of a firearm illegal will somehow make people not want to commit suicide AND that people who have decided that they are going to kill someone (Felony, major time behind bars) will in any way be bothered or concerned by a law against firearm possesion.

12. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Sure, I like this argument. The founding fathers didn't know about the internet or network television, so let's cut out parts of the 1st Amendment as well. At least then I won't have to turn on TV and see all the liberal BS anymore.

:wink:

13. Wiley

Wiley New Member

Look up his bio. He was one of the preditors he's saying we don't need to protect ourselves against. :evil:

14. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

+1

The hypocrisy is deadly.

15. AeroShooter

AeroShooter New Member

I suspect he'll be over-ruled by a higher rated television judge (Koch?) on appeal.