Black Ops: ZOMBIES - Kino

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by SaltySamurai, Jan 19, 2011.

1. SaltySamurai

SaltySamurai New Member

I can't believe there isn't already an active thread discussing tactics and strategies for zombies. Are there just not many gamers on here? One would think that in a forum full of gun nuts who are prepared for a zombie apocalypse, COD's zombie mode would be a hot topic of discussion.

Well....I refuse to believe that I'm the only gun-toting COD nerd who loves to kill zombies....so I'm starting this thread!

First off, on the Kino der Toten map, I've reached level 31 w/ 3 players and 28 w/ 4 players so I'm not a super-duper pro......but I'm experienced. Single-player, not-so-much although I'm planning on working on that this week.

Thus far, here's the basic game-plan that I've been following with my online buddies that gets us into level 20 and above quite often: (this strategy is for 4-players in Kino.....since the same strategies don't quite apply to smaller teams)

• Opening room (lobby) - each man to a window and hold it down till dogs come (usually in round 5,6, or 7)[/*:m:1gn6ni40]
    • at start of dogs round, open upstairs door and door to dual-staircase room (where mp40 is)[/*:m:1gn6ni40]
    • camp there with 2 guys in mp40 room and 2 guys at top of staircase in foyer-type room until level 10 or 11 or everyone has over 8000pts[/*:m:1gn6ni40]
    • make a crawler and find the box (opening doors as necessary EXCEPT FOR THE DOOR AT STAGE RIGHT and DO NOT turn the power on)[/*:m:1gn6ni40]
    • with a little luck, the box is accessible and you can get decent guns and even monkeys[/*:m:1gn6ni40]
    • camp on stage with power off 2 guys at either window and 2 guys covering door to dressing room until round 14 or 15 (depending on guns/ammo situation)[/*:m:1gn6ni40]
    • by then all players should again have at least 8000 pts. you can make a crawler, turn the power on, get your perks, and set up the teleporter[/*:m:1gn6ni40]
    • if nobody has monkeys when the power is turned on, that's the priority. make a crawler and hit the box till somebody has monkeys. the ray-gun and thunder gun should be had by then as well.[/*:m:1gn6ni40]
    • after round 15, it's basically a free-for-all but the outline of each round is usually: start in theater, when things get hot throw a monkey and teleport, start doing a circle from theater to lobby, upstairs, mp40 room, dressing room, back to theater[/*:m:1gn6ni40]
    • the guy with the thunder gun can either lead the circling party, or stay in the theater and lead a pack of zombies in circles around the stage, but my group just improvises since we're all decent (but it's also probably why we can't get into the 30's since you have to be pretty organized and coordinated to get that high)[/*:m:1gn6ni40]
    • for perks, all I ever have to have is juggernog...maybe quick revive..and if i have points to burn, fast reload.[/*:m:1gn6ni40]
    So feel free to post your thoughts, strategies, glitches, etc. (we almost always do the suicide corner 'glitch' but I'm not convinced it helps much.....it's just fun to jump on your teammate and kill yourself....and cheap points for whoever revives you)

Black Ops multiplayer has become stale for me and the game is engineered so poorly with slow load times, every screen waiting to download something and constant crashing/resetting that I was ready to go back to MW2.....but zombie mode has been Black Ops's saving grace. (similar to how zombies was the ONLY reason to play World at War......Treyarch's COD's just aren't good)

Oh, and I'm on PS3: saltysamurai

2. moga

moga New Member

I tried it once but not since. Mostly I hang out in Hardcore Team Deathmatch. Too bad that we're on different multiplayer networks, otherwise I'd look you up.

3. a-squared

a-squared New Member

PS3 - gamezore

I play mostly Team death match and other live team games. I've played the zombies a bit and its fun for a bit, but I enjoy the pvp better.

4. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

5. Outlier

Outlier Active Member

Good to know I'm not the only person with those issues. When you can actually make it into a match and play, I thought the game was half-way decent. MW1, WAW, and MW2 didn't seem to have this issue.... and I rather liked World at War; just not as much as the first Modern Warfare.

I'm not tech savvy by any means, but it seems like Infinity Ward and Treyarch have both pushed the games beyond what the consoles are able to handle. There's just entirely too much trying to go on at one time..... they need to go back to the basics. But that's my unwanted :2cents:

6. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Did anyone else notice the "III" yearch on the metal detectors on the top floor in the level 5. 8)

I know it may not be our "III", but I just thought it was cool anyway. :D :righton:

7. Paladin

Paladin Fattus Patrickus

I'm still playing S&D, and CTF. Hasn't gotten stale for me yet. L4D and L4D2 both had it over this game's zombie mode.

8. lespaulplayer

lespaulplayer New Member

I liked Black Ops but don't like the zombie mode for some reason. I just can't get into it. Had to take a break from CoD. Now I'm playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam.

9. vooduchikn

vooduchikn New Member

Glad to see there is a COD thread starting up. Been too busy to look. We migrated from COD MW2 recently

Lots of players out here in Hawaii. Look us up on XBOX jamming all modes and always partied up.

mutantdachshund (xbox). Leave an invite or message!

10. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

I've made it to lvl 29 with 4 people but we do it completely differently. We camp out in the room above the alley with only the door from the alley opened.

11. Wolfram

Wolfram New Member

I play multiplayer a fair amount, I have played zombies a little bit but only with one other person locally. Never made it vary far. I would like to try it and see what the higher levels are like.

Feel free to add me, just let me know in the friend request that you are from GPDO.

PSN: Keller412

12. rodanvssct

rodanvssct Member

I don't seem to have this problem on the xbox360.

Also, in single player zombies, the quick revive works. It will disappear after 3 or 4 uses though. I didn't know this until someone told me.

13. InalienablyGreek

InalienablyGreek New Member

I've played that game so much that I'm starting to get bored with it. If I play now it's just to unlock the song and blast it loud while mowing down zombos. It's the perfect mass killing song ever.

My gun choice is the HK21 upgraded with a Zeus Cannon. Get monkeys and all the upgrades and I'm good to go until I run out of ammo. At which point I buy the mp40 and never upgrade it. Do my circles and make each bullet do as much damage as possible on a whole row of them. Primarily aiming for the crawling guys (when they blow up they cause damage to the others).

14. SaltySamurai

SaltySamurai New Member

I've heard a lot of people like that strategy.....but when it's time to open the theater and get the power on, I think it's best to open the loop going the other way so you can pick up the mp40 and ammo as you do your laps. (bigger magazine than the ak74 and doesn't empty out so quickly)

Doing laps through the alley is dangerous cause the upstairs room next to the stage has 2 bottle-necking staircases where you can get trapped and the mp40 room only has 1.

BTW....playing solo last night I got to level 20. My biggest issue is how to start the round. I start on the stage so I can 'collect' the zombie horde on the stage.....but I kept getting surrounded since they were coming in from various angles.

Anybody experienced with how to corral the zombies at the beginning? Once I have a group, I'm fine with leading them in circles, I just have problems getting to that point. Or should I be starting my laps sooner? Last night I had monkeys, so I'd stay on the stage and gather as many as I could, then throw a monkey.....but that only works as long as you have monkeys and grenades (the monkey throw-back glitch is HUGE).

If anyone can weigh in on how they play the first couple minutes of higher rounds, I'm all ears.

15. riggz

riggz New Member

I made the switch to XBL after I a.) received an xbox for my b-day from the wife, and b.) got tired of the lag and disconnect issues on PSN. It made playing much more enjoyable. I also enjoy Kino. I got to level 30 with just me and another guy. We had a pretty similar strategy. I also prefer the Zeus Cannon and the H115 Oscillator. Had em both and monkey bombs. We could have kept going but just got a little too confident. Jumped into a group of 20 zombie crawlers to try and get an insta-kill and got hit by all of them at once so I died. My partner tried to keep going but he was out of ammo and had low points so he eventually died as well.

Also the monkey bomb glitch is nice when you run out of monkey bombs!

16. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

I had 15 revives with the ballistic knife last night lol

17. Archangel

Archangel Moderator Staff Member

Any PC gamers out there? I'm not a console guy.

18. William

William Member

19. jlcnuke

jlcnuke New Member

I pretty much only play multiplayer. I play on both PC and Xbox, jlcnuke userid on both. I was pretty good on PC but most of the people I know play xbox so I've been sticking to xbox mostly. Tough getting used to console play again but I'm getting better. Pulled off a 4.0 kdr on HCTDM the other day though my average is probably just under 1 lately. The terrible games I had when I first started are making it difficult to get my kdr back up. Recently started playing some other game modes just to get the pro versions of some perks (just got my first pro upgrade today). I'll be hopping on xbox soon. Hit me up with an invite if anyone wants to kill some peeps.

20. InalienablyGreek

InalienablyGreek New Member

Be sure to only keep one door to/from the stage open. And it's really just being aware of where they're spawning. When you make your loop on the back side of the stage you have to look in the crack looking towards the front of the stage to see if they're spawning in a manner that will block your path as you make your way to the front. I'm terrible at explaining things in writing.