Bitcoin and Traditional Monetary Policy

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by EJR914, Oct 1, 2016.

1. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=aTKnh_os-Rs

This is more decentralization, more freedom, more competition and is a way to stop a goverment monopoly on currency.

I imagine if it ever gets bigger than the US goverment will outlaw it, just making it more popular. The government hates competition.

2. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Does anyone else remember "Ecash"? Back in the early 80's before there was a way to exchange "real money" on the internet we used Ecash in exchange for goods and services. It didn't take too many years for the credit card companies to get their hands into the dirt. Mid to late 90's I think and Ecash all but vanished. Bitcoin (while I haven't checked it out) may be about the same thing.

3. phaed

phaed Active Member

the feds are already considering it. new york has already regulated it. the problem is, with government's ability to monitor networks, they can clamp down on certain protocols if they want to (similar to what happened to p2p file sharing). this means bitcoin, while itself is resistant to being regulated in theory, is vulnerable because of the paths it rides on.

4. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

No doubt the government can always find a way to kill competition.

5. GlockGary

GlockGary Glock Block Supporter

Government's make monopolies illegal, unless they are the monopoly. Government's make hacking illegal, unless they are the hackers. Government's make torture illegal, unless they are the torturers. Government's make owning fully automatic weapons illegal, unless they are the owners. And so on and so forth.