Bills

Discussion in 'Website & Forum Suggestions' started by Malum Prohibitum, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Should we have a link on the home page called "Bills" with links to gun related bills actually pending in the General Assembly? People could still comment upon therm and post them in the forums, but it seems to me that they should have more prominence on the web site.

2. coyy2k1

coyy2k1 New Member

I agree with you on that, you either have to continually go to the states site to check on them and dig up the bill numbers. It can be a real pain :cry: in the neck...

3. Malum Prohibitum

4. Malum Prohibitum

HB 544

HB 544 should get ber950's attention. If Gwinnett's ordinance were legal, there would be no need to propose such a law.

5. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

do you want it in the menu, added to "alerts" or just somewhere on the "home" page?

6. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I have an idea. How about I put a "bills" in the menu and put links to both the senate and house report cards and the links to the active bills?

7. Malum Prohibitum

8. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

At first I was about to gripe about hb 793 until I noticed that it changes it to those convicted of a felony drug conviction instead of the current "an offense". That way people with a misdemeanor drug conviction can get a license.

9. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

10. Malum Prohibitum

HB 793 - limits restriction on obtaining license for drug offenders to felony drug convictions and removes the prohibitions on those who are not adjuticated guilty

Or something like that . . .[/i]

11. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

12. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I need to update the rep. scorecard with the 793 and 799 sponsors. :shock:

13. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Ok, they are updated.

14. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

More information added to the Bills page.
    • link to how a bill becomes law
      what committee has which bill
      bills that have passed

15. Malum Prohibitum

Very good addition, Matt!

quietly, whisper - now we just ahve to keep it current . . . :oops:

16. Malum Prohibitum

HB 793

I have taken a closer look. As the law stands now, those arrested for misdemeanor marijuana possession in their youth can never, ever, ever obtain a firearms license even when they are 65 years old with no other troubles with the law. This is rather odd given that murderers theoretically can obtain a firearms license at some point (through a pardon).

This bill makes the exception for firearms license eligibility applicable only to those convicted of felony drug offenses, so that misdemeanors (Mr. Meaners) will no longer be disabling.

As the law stands now, it could be construed to never allow a license to issue to someone convicted of a drug offense even if his conviction is overturned on appeal or for some other reason.

This bill allows any exoneration provided by law to remove the disability.

Sorry I was not as thorough previously.