Bill Maher: Gun Control

Discussion in 'In the News' started by GAGunOwner, Jan 25, 2011.

1. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/bill-maher-c ... publicans/

2. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Imagine that. :?

3. JeF4y

JeF4y New Member

Meh... it's entertainment. Like Jersey Shore... nothing more, nothing less.

4. XLInfidel

XLInfidel New Member

I'm glad I'm now straightened out on that one. I would normally say that the problem is the madman doing the killing...silly me...

5. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Not for a lot of people out there. I know people who VOTE, that watch Bill Maher for their news. I'm not kidding. America has gotten that dumb.

6. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

Nope!......................Hockey Puck!

7. JeF4y

JeF4y New Member

Anybody who watches/listens to ANY party radio/tv host (hannity, limbaugh, maher, etc etc) and relies on them for their "news" has big problems...

8. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Good thing that this only accounts for probably 60-80% of the country. :shattered:

9. JeF4y

JeF4y New Member

I know... it's so freaking sad... I don't have any problem with watching/listening to any blowhard on any topic/side. Where it becomes a thorn in my side is when people fail to realize that they're telling fractions of a complete story and sensationalizing the crap out of it for their own agenda. Pure and total "entertainment"...

There is no "news" anymore.

While I have no love for John Mayer, he really nailed it in the line:
    "When you trust the television, what you get is what you got, 'cuz when they own the information oh they can bend it all they want!"

10. EJR914

If you hadn't noticed, this country does have big problems.

11. SYN ACK

SYN ACK New Member

That pesky Constitution strikes again! Damn, why can't we burn that old rag? :screwy:

12. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

And getting your news from the talking-heads on CNN, MSNBC, NPR, etc. make so much more well informed, please.

13. JeF4y

JeF4y New Member

Did I elude to that anywhere?

14. TheLaw

TheLaw Old Time Member

I can't turn the channel fast enough when I accidentally come across Maher's show...

15. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

Wasn't there a poll recently that suggested more people got their news from Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert than from "true" news organizations?

16. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

So no one at all on TV or radio is worth getting the news from? I think it's healthy to watch and listen to a variety of sources. Is that reliable enough? If not, what then, are the best sources?

17. pml

pml Active Member

The guy is described as a comedian. I don't get that, I've never laughed at anything he's said that I can remember.

18. JeF4y

JeF4y New Member

I should have worded my thoughts better because THIS is EXACTLY what my personal method is and what I would encourage. I do tend to avoid for the most part, some hardline idiots on both sides because their rhetoric is so fear-based of the other side that it makes me sick. BUT I do listen/watch from time to time if for nothing else, but to get riled up.

My take is that if you don't watch multiple sources and listen to both sides, and THEN MAKE A DECISION FOR YOURSELF, you are simply bending to someone else's wishes/thoughts/brainwashing. The key in this is making a decision for yourself after you've read/heard both sides, understanding that neither is giving you the full story.

19. EJR914

Good post JeF4y.

20. kineticmind

kineticmind يفخر الكافر

He's only funny if you're pre-programmed to laugh at his "jokes." Anyone who's able to think for themselves see Maher for what he is; a dull, lifeless shrill and posterboy for radical liberals.