Bikers....what do you ride?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Guest, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ok fellow bikers....show your rides! Here are mine:

-1984 Yamaha RZ-350 Kenny Roberts Replica, street-ported motor, Jolly-Moto chambers/carbon silencers, 1980s period upgrades
    -2005 Suzuki SV650S
    -2009 Triumph Street Triple 675
    -1981 Yamaha YZ60, recent ground up restoration, was going to teach my daughter how to ride on it...TOO FAST!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIsn_r5lV0I

Sarge

2. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

My current bike (which I got from a fellow GPDO member):

1989 Kawasaki Vulcan 750:

[​IMG]

:righton:

3. Match10

Match10 Active Member

That was the last bike I rode, in June, 1986. I had just completed a very fast, tour of Pleasanton California, out through the country on the south side. There were three distinct parts to that 14 mile ride... I accelerating with wheel off ground, braking, or turning. I realized I would die on a bike.

And I went cold turkey. I just got off it and handed the keys to someone else. I cannot be trusted.

Before that I rode a GPZ1100R, a Suzuki GS450, and a Puch Moped I had severely modded that was able to do 78 mph.

4. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

i dont have any pics, but when i ride, i ride my 18 speed mongoose.

5. Cagleicious

Cagleicious New Member

:shattered:
    [​IMG]

It's just a rental... [scooter doughnuts]

[​IMG]

6. dcannon1

dcannon1 New Member

This was my first bike I had in college, '80 Kawasaki KZ750
    [​IMG]

And I'm picking this little guy up tomorrow 8) , '94 Suzuki Intruder 1400
    [​IMG]

7. Match10

Match10 Active Member

Uh... I did not count scooters or other specialized bikes like my father's ROKON "Moto-tractor"...

I use a few Honda Rukus scooters to get up to the wilderness area near Leavenworth Washington to go hiking and fishing in the Alpine Lakes.

[​IMG]

I use this ROKON in Wyoming....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Mstr-Chris

Mstr-Chris Well-Known Member

9. Priest

Priest New Member

one of these
    [​IMG]
    1985 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator. I will post a proper picture of mine when it is back together. The picture above is not my bike, but an example of one since almost noone has ever seen one.

10. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

11. vanguard

vanguard New Member

that rz350 is a beast, i raced on with my suzuki 550 1984 model and lost big time

12. mb90535im

mb90535im Well-Known Member

2005 BMW R1200 GS

[​IMG]

13. chainsaw123

chainsaw123 GPDO Supporter

current ride then past rides.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. martin_j001

martin_j001 Active Member

Heavily bastardized (redone suspension all around, many "race" accessories/parts) sv650. Thinking of adding some luggage to it though to make it more useful around town and such. A few changes have been made since the pic below, but you get the idea....

[​IMG]

15. Guest

Guest Guest

That's one thing a RZ350 is good at....lifting the front wheel off the ground! Actually, the SV650 and Street Triple do it easily also.

chainsaw123, glad to see those Kawasaki two-strokes...those things are killer! Looks like you got environmentally friendly with your latest ride :mrgreen:

Sarge

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Very nice SV! I bet it handles alot better than mine! Stock SV suspension is the only fly in the ointment. I have suprised alot of riders on bigger and more expensive motorcycles (Ducati, Aprilia, etc.) with my SV. Great backroad bike, although the low speed fuel injection is lean and it surges so part throttle is very abrupt. But, my SV corners quite well if you roll on throttle through the turn...so long as the road surface is not too gnarly.

Sarge

17. chainsaw123

chainsaw123 GPDO Supporter

That's one thing a RZ350 is good at....lifting the front wheel off the ground! Actually, the SV650 and Street Triple do it easily also.

chainsaw123, glad to see those Kawasaki two-strokes...those things are killer! Looks like you got environmentally friendly with your latest ride :mrgreen:

Sarge[/quote]

Trust me, I HATE being environmentally friendly when it comes to my bikes. I LOVE the smokers!!!! I will get another hopefully this summer. Your RZ looks great!!! Let me know when you want to sell it :shock: