Georgia Packing banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Rammstein said:
He kept racking the slide to make sure it was empty when BOOM the tube sock exploded. 8) :D
So that's how your date went this weekend, huh? :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Rammstein said:
pro2am said:
Tinkerhell said:
eh.
I had an ND in my bedroom one day when I was a teenager.
Prior to having any real gun handling skills and while certainly still young & dumb. ....
I got that far when the tears from laughing made me stop. That was a helluva thing to admit to in an open forum.

Sorry...I don't know what came over me...I thought it was really funny.

:lol:
lol

He kept racking the slide to make sure it was empty when BOOM the tube sock exploded. 8) :D
:rotfl:

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
wsweeks2 said:
Rammstein said:
na...that's how Tink's ND in his bedroom went. :D

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Rammstein said:
wsweeks2 said:
Rammstein said:
I don't think there was anything negligent about that discharge! 8)

·
16,485 Posts
wsweeks2 said:
Rammstein said:
wsweeks2 said:
Rammstein said:
Depends on if anything downrange got damaged, I think.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Tinkerhell said:
eh.
I had an ND in my bedroom one day when I was a teenager.
How did ya'll get to the next line :lol:

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
I've never had an ND but I've swept an entire firing line full of people with the muzzle of a loaded weapon with the safety off.

:oops:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
This is more of a stupid ammo thing than a stupid weapon thing. I did do this, this was after my gunner days when I was back to ground-pounding:

M242 Bushmaster ammunition comes in links of 5 rounds each, and the BFV gunners have to link the ammo when loading up. The proper way to link the ammunition is to pull the last round from link A, and place the center prong end on link A in between the dual prongs on link A. Once you get them aligned, you snap the rounds back in the links. Rinse, repeat.

Every so often the round would not be properly lined up and you'd have to fix it. The proper method was to snap the round out of the links, realign it, and snap it back in. The method you were NOT supposed to use was tap the back of a live round with another live round to line it up.

Now, if this had been me, I would be easily recognizable, because the person who did this now wears and eye patch to cover up his empty eye socket.

·
Registered
365 Posts
In my early days with my first firearm (Sig P239 pmm) I struggled with attaching a trigger lock, poking and prodding the trigger to make it fit. Then realized Sig was fully operational. :screwy: Fortunately no bang. Trigger lock is now somewhere back of some drawer. :whistle:

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
b8fish said:
In my early days with my first firearm (Sig P239 pmm) I struggled with attaching a trigger lock, poking and prodding the trigger to make it fit. Then realized Sig was fully operational. :screwy: Fortunately no bang. Trigger lock is now somewhere back of some drawer. :whistle:
What's a trigger lock. :shattered:

I've not had any ND's myself but a close friend missed his foot by only one inch with a .35 Rem. I did sweep a muzzle over some friends a long time ago. Got called out for it, so I have become very aware to never be embarrassed like that again.

G

·
0 Posts
J0be269 said:
Man, all of the "I did muzzle sweep some friends, or an entire firing line" really make me want to go to the range with you guys! :scared:
+1

·
Romans 10:13
4,611 Posts
budder said:
wsweeks2 said:
Rammstein said:
wsweeks2 said:
Rammstein said:
Depends on if anything downrange got damaged, I think.
Budder, what would you know about ND's....... I mean from a gun. :lol:

21 - 35 of 35 Posts