Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that know what we have been going through (for the last 7 months) with our range manufacturer. I got shipping confirmation on the rest of the range equipment. It is supposed to be here today. With that said I am hoping for an open range sometime next week. Everyone keep your fingers crossed that I get everything that I need and there is nothing missing.

We will be shooting soon.

Thank you all for your patience.
Bill

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
That's great news. I hope it all works as planned.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I'm ready.

:righton:

·
Registered
76 Posts
and the heavens opened and light shined upon a location in Canton and the patient shooters said AAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNN

glad to hear Bill and looking forward to shooting and shooting and shooting some more

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Good to hear. I've been thinking about your situation since we last spoke.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The rest of the equipment has arrived!!! We started on the backstop yesterday so give us a few days and we should have a working range. This all depends on how fast the plates go in. We got one of the sidewalls done yesterday, we will be starting on some of the impact plates today and maybe get the other sidewall installed.

I will keep you updated.

·
Registered
408 Posts
my dad and i went in there yesterday while in the search for him a new c&c weapon, and we were fortunate enough to get the guided tour of the new range...holy crap. i was literally excited when we left. this place is top of the line. no cables, no target sway, all calibers welcome. there is a digital readout that tells you the precise number of feet your target is away from you. the targets can be programmed via computer for true defense training...and best of all, no smoke! the range fees are more than reasonable @ $8.00 per hour and the memberships are actually worth the price! i cannot wait to shoot at this range. i will be there bright and early next saturday for sure. i highly recommend that you check this place out. it is, without a doubt, the nicest and most technologically advanced range within 100 miles of atlanta.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got both sidewalls installed and started on the impact plates. It should only take a few days to get the rest of it together if we don’t have any setbacks.

Getting close, very close we will be shooting soon.

I will let everyone know when we get it open.

Thanks for the compliment on the above post.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
drvr8 said:
my dad and i went in there yesterday while in the search for him a new c&c weapon, and we were fortunate enough to get the guided tour of the new range...holy crap. i was literally excited when we left. this place is top of the line. no cables, no target sway, all calibers welcome. there is a digital readout that tells you the precise number of feet your target is away from you. the targets can be programmed via computer for true defense training...and best of all, no smoke! the range fees are more than reasonable @ $8.00 per hour and the memberships are actually worth the price! i cannot wait to shoot at this range. i will be there bright and early next saturday for sure. i highly recommend that you check this place out. it is, without a doubt, the nicest and most technologically advanced range within 100 miles of atlanta.
That sounds awesome!!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi Bill, I've actually met you twice at your shop there, finally bought one of your bags on black friday and have had 2 sights installed on 2 different guns.

I was probably one of the first 10 people to walk into your new place. I've been eagerly awaiting for this range to open and I know without a doubt it will be top notch!

I've been hesitant to join the range club. My reasoning being that since this is going to be an extremely professional range, I'm scared the "little" men are going to be cut short.

Let me explain....my dad joined a range down south where he lives, however they didn't tell him when he joined that they do a lot of training classes, leo come there all the time, range is off limits more than 3/4s of the time. It seems the only time the range is open is 2 days out of the week and then it's fully loaded and one has to get in line.

So if you can understand my apprehension, can you asure me that this will be open A LOT and not closed for leo training or other types of training? I understand the need for classes and leo training, but will that be the main/majority of users that you will cater to?

Also pm sent

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
carvnthetwisties said:
Hi Bill, I've actually met you twice at your shop there, finally bought one of your bags on black friday and have had 2 sights installed on 2 different guns.

I was probably one of the first 10 people to walk into your new place. I've been eagerly awaiting for this range to open and I know without a doubt it will be top notch!

I've been hesitant to join the range club. My reasoning being that since this is going to be an extremely professional range, I'm scared the "little" men are going to be cut short.

Let me explain....my dad joined a range down south where he lives, however they didn't tell him when he joined that they do a lot of training classes, leo come there all the time, range is off limits more than 3/4s of the time. It seems the only time the range is open is 2 days out of the week and then it's fully loaded and one has to get in line.

So if you can understand my apprehension, can you asure me that this will be open A LOT and not closed for leo training or other types of training? I understand the need for classes and leo training, but will that be the main/majority of users that you will cater to?

Also pm sent
I currently do not have any LEO set to use the range, however if LEO training will be used at my range it will be before opening hrs in the morning. I will say the police chief came in the other day and I showed him the target carrier function in low and regular light operation. I believe he was impressed.

All class training will be done before we open or after we close. some may bleed over into opening hrs but I don't think a lot.

·
Registered
139 Posts
this sounds great. Looks like I'll be taking a trip to cherokee county!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Glad to hear it, might stroll over there today and sign up!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We hit a little setback on the backstop Tuesday, the last set of plates all had to be cut and when you’re working with 4’x4’, 1/2†military AR steel it is tough to cut. We got a local fabricator to come out on short notice Tuesday Afternoon to cut for us. We worked into the night to get this done and installed.

On Wednesday we finished up the welding installed the backstop sidewall deflector panels, finished the target carriers down to the 75’ point and poured the concrete on the floor where the bottom plate is.

We hope to get everything painted today. We are still waiting on the hoppers for the drums and they will have to be installed Friday morning if they show up. If not I will have to figure something else out for now to make it work.

With only half of the main air system up and running right now while we were doing all the cutting and welding the range was still smoke free and if any of you have ever seen or used a cutting torch while someone else is welding you know the amount of smoke that is. It will still be a few more weeks before we get the entire ventilation system working but as I have said before that is still better than most places have.

Bill

1 - 16 of 16 Posts