Registered
3,661 Posts
"His appointment by Gov. Brian Kemp"
That idiot again.

Reactions: Phil1979

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Something tells me Pastor Abraham Mosely isn't an ardent fan of the Confederacy or has any significant desire to memorialize it. Whaddya think they are going to replace the carving with?

·
Registered
3,661 Posts

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A bluebelly holding a 52 star flag, with his foot on the throat of a Son of the Confederacy. With the caption-- coming soon to a neighborhood near you.

Nemo

Reactions: mountainman444

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
It's too expensive to destroy the carving. They'll take one look at the price tag and start making excuses.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
It's too expensive to destroy the carving. They'll take one look at the price tag and start making excuses.
I don't know about that. They could get those boys down at Warrenton that blast those granite quarries to do it in short order. If you've ever seen what they blast at one time and how quick they do it you would be amazed. The face of that area would be smooth as a babies ass. BTW if I remember my college geology correctly those quarries are the southern most point of the same formation that is Stone Mountain.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,755 Posts
None of the changes will satisfy the BLM crowd short of removing the carving. Why change anything? None of us are slave holders nor want to be. I haven't seen or heard any complaints from the thousands of Black people over the years I've witnessed there enjoying the park.

This is just chicken-livered Republicans virtue signaling by using the Governor as their useful idiot. Will this and HB 497 be enough signaling for now? Who knows. There's probably more to come.

Continued appeasement of Democrats won't win them any votes from the Dems. What are they thinking?

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,755 Posts
I'm glad I haven't renewed my family membership there this year. It may be a good while if I ever do again.

·
Registered
582 Posts
If they stop maintaining it it's gone in a few years, covered with lichens, mosses, and eventually vines and other growth.

That carving has to be maintained (at State expense, ie. mine and yours) - they bring in some team of climbers (I think it's a man and his son?) who treat and maintain the carving periodically (maybe annually or so?) Guy is a retired geologist, IIRC.

Once it starts growing over you'll lose the resolution of the carving. Maybe archeologists will rediscover it in 5000 years, and wonder who those people are?

DH

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
If they stop maintaining it it's gone in a few years, covered with lichens, mosses, and eventually vines and other growth.
Maybe you have the Atlanta area confused with South America and the overgrown pyramids and what not. It may happen as you say but not in a few years.

Reactions: AtlPhilip

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Maybe you have the Atlanta area confused with South America and the overgrown pyramids and what not. It may happen as you say but not in a few years.
I have a one word refutation:

Kudzu.

Reactions: NTA

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Indeed. I had forgot all about the chinese / japanese invasion that still lingers in the State. I am hereby refuted and humbled. :(

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
OMG!!! Someone else knows of Warrenton!
I love that area up there. Sometimes we go up and drive around all day exploring. Much history in that area. Not far away the Ogeechee River looks like a river you would see well up in the mountains full of rock and large boulders. Jewell Mills and Mayfield are historical places in the area as well. Worth a day trip if you are near the area. Pack a lunch.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 31 Posts