Biden Ahead 14%

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by Nemo, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

and other fine myths.

Nemo

https://www.libertynation.com/biden-ahead-14-percent-and-other-fine-myths/

2. jsaund22

jsaund22 Ninjaneering Computers

Unless I'm mistaken, so was Hillary. At least, right up until the wee hours of November 9, 2016...

3. dhaller

dhaller Active Member

I pay more attention to the odds trackers and sports betting sites than to polls - polls are answered by bored people with nothing to do who *actually answer their phones* (I mean, who even does that?); I can't take them seriously.

Betting odds are calculated by smart people with skin in the game; that's someone I'll listen to.

Only downside is that the odds trackers flip daily, depending on the news cycle (as they should, because that's what will decide the election.)

DH

dcarter and MaricopaKid like this.
  4. Savannah Dan

Savannah Dan Cross-drawer

I spent a lot of time driving through rural Georgia this past weekend. I saw a total of 6 Biden/Harris yard signs. Five of them were in a 2-block stretch in a small town. The other was all by itself, probably a joke someone was playing on a friend.
    Other than my own Sniff/Blow 2020 bumper sticker, I have seen few Biden/Harris bumper stickers.

Moderate Democrats must be going nuts, given their voting choices for president are two old white guys.

5. wee

wee Active Member

I drove from Omaha, NE to Cartersville GA using Waze which will take you off the beaten path to avoid road construction and rush hour traffic.....I saw (1) Biden sign and 100's of Trump signs.

Brian

6. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

These polls are idiotic, anyway. Who gives a rat's ass?!? We all know at this point that the sheer number of votes doesn't count...it's the EC that matters and there are enough states that are "unknown" no one can come close to making an educated guess.

7. diamondback

diamondback Well-Known Member

He might be ahead but its demographic shifts ( people who can afford to have kids tend to have hte least IN GENERAL) and covid. Most of the "White suburban women" Are not realizing being pissed at trump can hand this nation to gangsters and prostitutes for 4 years or more and on top of that crime does spread. I dont feel sorry for victims who vote for it. My wife has already gotten pissed at me for saying that. I remind her this is why the special amendment was needed.
    Our founders did not want emotions ruling voting over logic.

8. dhaller

dhaller Active Member

Driving between Atlanta and Rising Fawn/Trenton this week (trip to Cloudland Canyon), it's amazing, the razor line between parties. I live in what I joke is the Berkeley East part of Georgia (Atlanta, Inman Park/Candler Park/Druid Hills area), where there is a grand total of ONE Trump sign (one brave soul in a Euclid Avenue mansionette) amidst a forest of B/H signs, while up in NW Georgia every farm is pretty much one Trump sign after another (I think I saw one B/H sign).

It's like the "mirror universe" episode in the original Star Trek show.

DH

9. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

We got one of those down here but with a Biden sign. I here he does not leave the house much.

10. HJB

HJB Active Member

What kind of amazes me is when you look at the crowds each of them draw, and when you look at the boat parades and car parades that are all for Trump all over the country.....why isn't Trump up in the polls by 25% ? Maybe the "silent majority" is really supporting Biden this time ?

11. awanatech

awanatech Well-Known Member

Wasn't Hillary ahead in the polls right up until the final votes were counted as well?

12. HJB

HJB Active Member

She was and she beat Trump by 3 million votes. He won several of the swing states by very small margins.

13. dhaller

dhaller Active Member

It's not the number of votes which matter; it's the distribution.

Thus far it doesn't seem as though polling really captures that, perhaps because the demographics of poll participation differs from that of voting behavior.

I always vote, but I can't imagine I'd ever bother to participate in a poll... it's neither a thing which interests me nor something I have the spare time for.

DH

14. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

I'm more interested in who counts and certifies votes in Dem states. They have had years to plan out this work and the outcome.

15. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

The problem with polls is the locations where they are conducted. Colleges and universities. Court houses, public assistance locations (well fare) and any other place in major cities where they might find larger groups of people. Most of the people responding to the polls will not vote and many of them have never even registered to vote because they do not want to serve on a jury. Most jurors that actually serve are registered voters but actually wish they were never called upon. The ones that are dedicated to the duty are usually conservative voters. Very few polls are taken in smaller areas since they want to get as many responses with the least amount of effort.

16. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

I often wonder who gets polled. In all my years I never have. Nor have I ever met anyone who had when it would come up in conversations.

17. zetor

zetor Gaston beat up John

I’m out of the loop too. I know people who know people that have done all those things you read about.

18. dhaller

dhaller Active Member

Well, I never answer calls from numbers which aren't in my contact list, so unless a friend or colleague were calling to poll me...

On rare occasions I've been dragged to a mall, I always wave the clipboard ladies away.

So I imagine the pollsters are *out there*, just some of us make a habit of being unapproachable!

DH

mountainman444 likes this.
  19. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

I see your point. I would not approach me in public to solicit info either.

TimBob likes this.
  20. Mike J

Mike J Member

I saw an online political poll on a social media site the other day. I took the minute or two it took to answer the questions. Then they wanted my full name & E-mail address. I bailed. I don't care to give them my personal information. I wonder how many others are like me.

The only poll that really matters will take place on Nov. 3rd.