Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.truecrimereport.com/2010/10/ ... _for_b.php

Last November, 7-year-old Samuel Burgos spent the weekend playing army with his friends. But he didn't want his brother to use his toy gun, which is made of clear plastic and shoots beads. So he hid it in his school backpack...Nearly a year later, the boy is still out of school. Samuel's parents are fighting the expulsion, and have another hearing this month. But because of the ongoing battle, the district might keep him out of school for yet another year, all over a friggin' plastic gun.
:screwy: :panic:

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,110 Posts
and this is the kind of gun that kids shoot each other with all the time, for fun. If they wear protective eyewear, it's safe. Airsoft or "softair" battles are a sport.
Airsoft guns are not weapons. They're toys.
The punishment for bringing a toy gun to school should be that it gets confiscated and maybe returned to the parents, and the kid should have to study the rules of conduct at school and take a test on those rules a week later.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Who here remembers the Gen 1 Transformers? Megatron was a pistol with a suppressor, scope, and stock. I loved mine. In the second or third grade, one of my teachers took it from me because I brought a TOY into class. No mention of a weapon at all. I got a disapproving look and finger wagging, and then I got my toy back at the end of the day with explicit instructions not to bring it back to school or my parents would have to come to get it back the second time. The original Gen 1 Megatron also did shoot plastic projectiles, similar to "modern" Airsoft. We live in a different world than we had 25 years ago, and I mourn that loss.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts