1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Man of Myth and Legend
18,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
29,587 Posts
The Honda Grom small motorcycle, with a 125 cc engine (but can carry up to 305 pounds of passengers and cargo) gets about 100 miles per gallon average. On a long stretch of level road, barely into 5th gear, they can get 110!

·
Super Moderator
73,367 Posts

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,916 Posts
The Honda Grom small motorcycle, with a 125 cc engine (but can carry up to 305 pounds of passengers and cargo) gets about 100 miles per gallon average. On a long stretch of level road, barely into 5th gear, they can get 110!
The local dealership here is adding about 1500-1800$ on top of the Msrp for those small bikes putting almost as expensive as a 500cc

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I have a 1970 CT-90.
Really don't like to get on 55 mph roads with it, but with a 100 Asian it might get 99 or so mpg, but not with my 245 lb frame.
The new CT-125 is nice, but you can't hardly find them.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
18,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Man of Myth and Legend
18,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WOW under $3 a gallon. Been 21 months since that has been here.

Nemo

·
Man of Myth and Legend
18,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
IIRC state tax up here is 18 cents per gallon. That would put in the $2.95 range.

Nemo

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
29,587 Posts
Top speed = 58 mph

Not legal to use on interstate.

134 mpg

Legal in every place I know of.
If it can go 55 mph on interstates it would satisfy any minimum speed laws that I've ever heard of.
In Georgia the minimum speed on interstates is 40.

But if you are on a road with no minimum speed, you would have to watch out for this catchall rather vague provision in the law:

GA Code § 40-6-184 (2020)
  1. No person shall drive a motor vehicle at such a slow speed as to impede the normal and reasonable movement of traffic, except when reduced speed is necessary for safe operation.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
29,587 Posts
P.S. If there's a serious gas crunch and a resulting economic crisis, I think the cops are gonna have more to worry about than ticketing people for driving too slowly uphill on tiny but street-legal motorcycles like this, with real license plates and covered by current insurance policies.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Legal in every place I know of.
If it can go 55 mph on interstates it would satisfy any minimum speed laws that I've ever heard of.
In Georgia the minimum speed on interstates is 40.

But if you are on a road with no minimum speed, you would have to watch out for this catchall rather vague provision in the law:

GA Code § 40-6-184 (2020)
  1. No person shall drive a motor vehicle at such a slow speed as to impede the normal and reasonable movement of traffic, except when reduced speed is necessary for safe operation.
Semi passing you will blow you over 3 lanes lol.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts