Better disarm if you go to the mall in Macon

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by mzmtg, Apr 24, 2007.

1. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

2. Dan H

Dan H New Member

I like how people just stand around, do nothing and just stare.

3. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

I would "do something."

I'd leave.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

For those of us who do not register, what is it? :?

5. merlock

merlock New Member

I can't get youtube at work. I'll look at this tonight.

6. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

It's a cell-phone-captured video of a bunch of "youths" beating the crap out of each other and throwing chairs in the food court at Macon Mall.

[​IMG]

7. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Must be common or something...

8. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

You do anything you'll end up being charged with assault and/or a hate crime. Better to go ahead and let them continue - maybe the herd will be culled a bit. Unless, of course, they came after me and mine.

9. Dan H

Dan H New Member

Yeah, I guess considering they all look like a bunch of thugs, I would let them kick the crap out of each other...

10. Mastino177

Mastino177 Member

If anyone with a CCW step into that...I'd consider you a retard. Sure I might watch for giggles while watching around me for something else going on and then I'd leave...no need to report it to security...they were either sleeping or would have known about it already. Maybe I'd call the property owner and/or some other authority and tell the that because of lack of security and unexcusable gang activity I would not be a patron at the mall again.

You get into that...something bad will happen. Worst case, you loose your gun to one of them and they use it on you or whoever. Even if they had a gun to start with, movement, cover and leaving the area are key. I wouldn't even enter into the fight then. Hand on pistol...yes...not unholstered...po-pos might mistake me for a shooter. Only if they were approaching me drawn or firing would I engage. From the the camera person's position...best option is to leave hands down.

11. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

I can't watch the video at work but in general I would let idiots beat each other up...

Now if someone is beating a person obviously weaker than them then I think I would help them... AKA the little old lady getting mugged.

I may be feisty but I'm not stupid.

12. Mastino177

Mastino177 Member

Of course there are those type of situations and exceptions, I would do the same. This situation however...NO.

13. NetAdminWithGun

NetAdminWithGun New Member

I would have just watched and been entertained, i would only get involved if it became more dangerous (IE: A knife / Gun)

Let people fight, its good for them. So long as they are only throwing those dinky chairs; i'm fine.

14. qre2457

qre2457 New Member

A non-LEO stepping in on mutual combatants goes back to the "if you want to be a cop, join the police force." Otherwise, walk away.

Assuming that many are married and probably have their spouse and kids with them at a mall, the ONLY nonstupid choice is to immediately take their family to safety.

15. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Pin down your fogger o.c. spray and lob it into the middle of the group!

16. Mastino177

Mastino177 Member

We see eye-to-eye qre2457. I would care what they had...if it was between thugs then let it go. If they want to cut on each other...let'em carve away. The only way it would cross my mind to step in would be a situation like VT or an old lady getting mugged.

Oh, Fox does make a OC grenade of sorts. No need to rig your own. Just pop and toss.

17. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Leave before it becomes a public gathering :!:

18. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

+1000

Shocking but true!

19. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I'd just watch and laugh. Then when someone pulls a knife laugh a little bit more. Then when walk away and continue my shopping.

Let the heard thin itself out.