Best Carry For Women?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by USMC - Retired, Jan 24, 2007.

1. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

Question for the ladies that carry... Or for the guys to ask thier ladies that carry...

My wife got her card today and we had to run to the Wally-World for some dog food so, I put my carry peice on my hip as usual and we went about trying to find one of her purses that would be friendly to her Bersa .380 holster. We finally found one that would allow the belt clip on the holster to mount to a inside flap on the purse that gave some degree of security but is still way to cumbersome. While we were out we looked at dozens of purses (the things I do for love!) but didnt find anything that was any better than what she has. We found some CC Purses online but they cost in the hundreds so were hoping that one of the other pistol packin mammas on the site may have a better solution. Any ideas?

2. Foul

Foul New Member

Try eBay. My wife found a nice CCW purse there and it was "only" about $50 or $60.

As a side note, the wife just did a search on eBay and found several in the $30-$40 range...some with free shipping.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Uncle Mikes cheapo (less than $10) inside the waistband.

4. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

Unless it has to be a purse, there are many fanny packs out there made for guns.

And, even if it does have to be a purse, the insides of those fanny packs could be transferred to a purse.

5. USMC - Retired

In case any of the other Female members are looking for a CCW Purse I thought I would post a follow-up on what we found.

We have located a leather goods dealer in GA that carries a very functional, all leather, CCW purse that looks good too. Even better, he will ship anywhere in GA for a total price of $25.00! We paid via PayPal since he is also an ebay seller and it was convienient and recieved the purse two days later. If anyone else is interested send me a PM and I will send the dealers contact info rather than post it in open forum. I'll also try to find time this weekend to take pictures and post them here so you'll know what your gettting. My wife is very happy with it and says she would have spent more than $25 at a store just for a similar regular purse. (and that would be getting off real cheap for me! She has spent much more for purses that just sit in the closet! If anyone tells her I said that I will deny!)

6. john

john New Member

For my $.02 I do not recommend purse carry. Too many times the purse in the taget , or at least to easy to be separated from. Carry on the body!

7. USMC - Retired

I would agree for the most part but there are times when it would be dificult for a woman to carry on the body in a manner that provides rapid access when needed.

8. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I have a niece who's a deputy sheriff in KY who carries 24/7 (OK, she's a gun freak...).

Her off duty purse has a virtually unbreakable shoulder strap. Leather covered steel or Kevlar or something else that simply will not break or cut.

Of course, a REALLY LARGE purse-snatcher would end up dragging her cute young ass down the street, but only until she pulls her back-up piece!

Next time I'm visiting I'll ask about her purse and post the info.

Funny thing is my daughters both freak out at the thought of "Dad" carrying but think it's cool that Lauren does... Apparently, I'll never understand the female mind..............!!!!!!!

9. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Sounds like my wife !!! When she went to school and got an 'A' in her first class, she decided to get herself a Kate Spade bag as a treat. That was 1 1/2 years ago and she now has a 3.95 GPA and a closet full of designer purses and bags. The good news is that after she gets a few, she doesn't say much if I want a new toy. :D