Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night in practice I kept all 10 shots in the scoring rings of a B8 repair center at 25 yards.

RingHitsPoints
X330

For a total numeric score of 89/100

Half the group was in X or 10 ring!

With the worst shot having just broken the line of the 7 ring, that gives me a total group radius of 5.5 inches. And a deviation of arctan(5.5 / 900) = 0.0061 degrees. This is a sub MOA deviation on hold during the trigger press. A MOA is 1/60 of a degree or 0.0167 (rounded to four decimal places)

I also computed my deviation at 50 ft and 25 ft and was very consistent. So mentally I was not showing increased movement by being mentally nervous at the greater distances. This is a major win for me. Now I just need to be able to do this under match pressure.

More training to do.

· Man of Myth and Legend
19,655 Posts
Some around here would think-- no pics, didn't happen. Not me, but some of the others for sure.

Congrats.

Nemo

· Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some around here would think-- no pics, didn't happen. Not me, but some of the others for sure....
Fair point. I believe I accurately reported in table form :)

Art Gas Circle Tints and shades Electric blue

My practice session was 30 rounds total. 10 at 25 ft, 10 at 50 ft, and then finally 10 at 75'. I used the blue tape to tape my previous shots so I could just use the same target.

Stock Glock G34 Gen 5 with the original plastic sights. This is my competition pistol that I train with for now.

· Man of Myth and Legend
19,655 Posts
Primer only poppers? The do look a bit rough on the edges so they are not hole punch holes.

Nemo

• Haha
Reactions: frankr

· Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's the Mantis data on the CoF. What suprised me was how "low" these scores are. Very interesting difference between dry and live fire. This was not rapid fire. A real match is going to be tougher because of the 15 second time limit.

Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Number Multimedia

· Man of Myth and Legend
19,655 Posts
Good shooting. Keep practicing. But someone else will refer you back to post #3.

Nemo

Reactions: frankr

· Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is some photographic proof.

The CoF was
  • 10 Rd @ 15' - 15 seconds
  • 10 Rd @ 25' - 15 seconds
  • Target change
  • 10 Rd @ 25' - 15 seconds
  • 10 Rd @ 50' - 15 seconds
  • 10 Rd @ 75' - 15 seconds

Font Material property Rectangle Handwriting Paper

Jewel case Gas Electronic device Circle Font

White Walking shoe Font Circle Drawing

· Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WHOA! My 494 put me in first place with the next highest score being a 484. If I do the same or better this next match I win the whole thing! If the best shooter comes in and scores a 500 I may only fall to 2nd place. I got some work to do to treat the next couple weeks seriously and practice with my match ammo and be mentally ready for 12/3. This is going to be about the proper execution of the basics and not getting tripped up mentally for the match.

Scores at

· Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is an old thread of Brian Eno's forum Finding Your NPA (Natural Point of Aim), but the concept of imagining your stance being built around a perfectly aimed pistol floating in free space was really interesting to me and has been my mental image for a few months.

From March 2003 (nearly twenty years ago)
benos:

Like I said somewhere else, for the last month or so I've been overhauling my position from the vantage point of NPA. This morning, during my first "gun pickup," I had an insight. (Whewhoo! :) I've been thinking about a critical concept of the freestyle position all wrong. The concept/question is - from where does your position originate? Without killing it (for now) with an explanation, from now on, mine will originate from the target.

paul:
So if I hear you correctly your feet should work around your "floating" gun, [instead] of your gun working around your planted feet?'

benos:
Yes, but not only your feet - EVERYTHING - especially your grip, head, and arms."
The formatting is messed up because Brian Enos copied it from an even older chat discussion.

· Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I just shot a simulated 498 in practice (meaning I only shot 30 rnds but did the hardest distances in the CoF). I only need a 494 to win outright this quarter. I have another week of dry fire and then another practice range trip planned. It’s all on the perfect execution of the fundamentals at this point.

Ironically my only 8 was on the 50’ target. At 75’ i was 10/10 in the 10 ring (which is the size of the 8 ring on these NRA targets I am using in practice).

· Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Circle Rectangle Font Art Recreation
Circle Recreation Precision sports Font Pattern
Circle Recreation Precision sports Pattern Font

Pictures for proof 10 shots at each from 25 ft, 50 ft, and 75 ft. Only miss (on cardboard backer) was on the 50 ft target. Yes, that flyer was just me and it was very frustrating.

I should plan on using a zeroing target again next trip. It seems I am patterning slightly high. Though at 75' it's harder to tell with the spread all still being in the 8 ring on these targets.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts